DOES A HEREFORD HAVE HOMOGYNEZOUS GENES

• YES

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • NO

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bovine12":2ypzhut6 said:
i have another question i have a guy that lets me keep my cattle in a pasture with his and i want to go out on my on but i dont have hay or a lot of grass or any minerals should i just keep them in his pasture?

Ive heard there no such thing as a dumb question, you just proved there is.

salebarn junkie":20v1ueb1 said:
Bovine12":20v1ueb1 said:
i have another question i have a guy that lets me keep my cattle in a pasture with his and i want to go out on my on but i dont have hay or a lot of grass or any minerals should i just keep them in his pasture?

Ive heard there no such thing as a dumb question, you just proved there is.
I disagree, he could run them on picket lines beside the highway.

Bovine12":2b7u2iit said:
Depends. What do the 2 of you agree on in regards to breeding--IF you have a different breed than he does or even if you have a different take on what your goals are even if all animals in pasture are breed compatible? Free pasture is hard to beat as long as it doesn't include too many downsides.

Taurus":2vtel7m0 said:
Mat Man":2vtel7m0 said:
We did not know the back ground of the Charolais heafer.Her mom or dad could have been black. But there is no dought the {RED}Herdford bull was the daddy.
Shouldn't she be a smokey if one of her parents is a black angus?

if she's a smokey then she carries one white color gene from the charolais and one black gene from the angus and what you see is not diluter but co-dominance. If the calf by the hereford bull inherited the black gene from the smokey dam and the red gene from the hereford then the calf would be black hided as black is dominant to red.

robert":bvyg6qco said:
Taurus":bvyg6qco said:
Mat Man":bvyg6qco said:
We did not know the back ground of the Charolais heafer.Her mom or dad could have been black. But there is no dought the {RED}Herdford bull was the daddy.
Shouldn't she be a smokey if one of her parents is a black angus?

if she's a smokey then she carries one white color gene from the charolais and one black gene from the angus and what you see is not diluter but co-dominance. If the calf by the hereford bull inherited the black gene from the smokey dam and the red gene from the hereford then the calf would be black hided as black is dominant to red.
What if she isn't a smokey?

If she isn't a smokey there's no way the calf could be black, even if the sire used was black angus, back to co-dominance.

Latest posts