Balancing a budget

Help Support CattleToday:

TB, where did you get that ugly azz cat? Do i need to send you a boot, corncob and turpentine.

john250":v2h38q2z said:
I read that story. I think it was in a collection of fables from around the world, but I'm a little foggy on books read to me.
So, the brother who could swallow the ocean did his thing and the others were wandering around out on the ocean floor for some reason and for some reason the ocean guy couldn't hold it anymore. Am I even close?
Yes, but I don't remember the details. That was the coolest part to me when the one brother swallowed the ocean and you could just walk out there and pick up all the fish you wanted. That book is still around the house somewhere. I'll have to bring it out when grandkids come along. :D

curtis":1r0gyiad said:
TB, where did you get that ugly azz cat? Do i need to send you a boot, corncob and turpentine.
Curtis...I have to admit...I've seen much better lookin' cats...this one looks like he might have tried to top another tom by mistake. :lol2:

There are a lot of opinions on what can be cut and what needs to be cut. In the Austin schools, the plan is to cut several hundred teachers and librarians. And TWO assistant principals. No cuts at all to sports programs and all the other fluff that we piss away money on. Each individual school has a full complement of on site "administrators" that will remain untouched. All the paper shuffling could be easily consolidated and, done at one central location.

Austin is famous for their budget cutting prowess. Always cutting policemen and firemen-never cutting any parks department staff or city administrative staff, or even their bicycle coordination staff.

Yep, they know what's important.

What's gonna be cut here is the career and technology programs. Of course, we spent a lot of money last year to get all that started, after we eliminated culinary arts, for which we purchased gawd knows how much stuff two years ago - and the circus goes on and on... I can see what jobs will be cut here. Retire/rehire teachers, curriculum staff and career and technology staff. All of whom there are entirely too many. We cut several inclusion aide positions last year.

They are saying that we won't let anyone go, but I bet some of those folks are going to be RIFed or reassigned.

There are too many coordinators and administrators everywhere. And for the most part, they make big bucks. I'd be interested in seeing if any of those people go by the wayside. They always seem to cut the direct care staff like inclusion aides first. Not where the big money resides.

I forgot to mention that while AISD ponders all these layoffs, they have over 130 jobs posted on their website.

Go figger......