Balancer bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Balancer®
Balancer® cattle are registered hybrid seedstock and have documented pedigrees and EPDs. Balancer animals are 25 to 75 percent Gelbvieh with the balance Angus or Red Angus. Balancer cattle combine the Gelbvieh growth, muscle, leanness and fertility with the maternal and marbling of Angus. Producers can chose the percentage of each breed to best suit their marketing target for their calves.

There is also southern balancer http://www.gelbvieh.org/whygelbvieh/sou ... ancer.html

step. as mentioned, the amer. gelbvieh asso. now has the southern balancer....which is a reg. gelbvieh crossed with a reg braham,beefmaster, brangus, santa gertrudis...brahama influenced cattle. my understanding is that texas and florida are both doing alot now with this and having good success. if interested, i would suggest contacting the amer. gel. asso. texas a&m, AM sure both can give you info on this cross. besr of luck...r.lee

r.lee":2de338il said:
step. as mentioned, the amer. gelbvieh asso. now has the southern balancer....which is a reg. gelbvieh crossed with a reg braham,beefmaster, brangus, santa gertrudis...brahama influenced cattle. my understanding is that texas and florida are both doing alot now with this and having good success. if interested, i would suggest contacting the amer. gel. asso. texas a&m, AM sure both can give you info on this cross. besr of luck...r.lee

Therte is nothing against the Balancer, Step is new and starting out.
He would be better off with a local breed for lack of a better term that is in demand and has a proven track record in his area.

Latest posts