Balancer breeders advice needed

Help Support CattleToday:

Ranching Hands,

This is a little difficult to determine since I don't know the genetics behind the bull. However, I can tell you the attributes of Balancers, which are a blend of Angus and Gelbvieh genetics.

They tend to be a little calmer in disposition than Limousins (this isn't always true).

You'll probably see a little more middle (spring of rib and rib depth) in the Balancer sired calves.

The daughters out of the Balancer bulls will likely milk better than the daughters out of the Limousin bulls. I'm guessing that the Balancer daughters will reach sexual maturity and be more fertile than the Limmy sired females.

Best of luck!

ranching hands":2kpsus0t said:
ok ok my limoxangus cows right now are running with a red limo bull i had three cows ai with balancer semen i need to know what to expect with balancer genetics
It is impossible to be accurate with the answers you are seeking because the genetics (EPD's) and phenotype of your cows are unknown - likewise those of the sires. UG's answer is as close as anyone can come under these circumstances. However, I can say that very probably the heifers, if you should decide to use them as replacements, would make more desrable moderate sized cows (1200-1250 lbs) than the cows you presently are using as brood cows. And maybe better milking momma's also! But that is just an educated guess - - I say educated because I know that Balancers usually make great dams, and I DON'T know the specifics about your present dams.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts