bail out package.

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
Is my math right? If we just took this bail out package and divided it up equally. Gave it to every citizen regardless of age. It would come out to about $2,500. For a family of 4 that would be $10,000. That would be better stimulas than the nonsense they are cooking up on the hill.

Walt

True, but then you would see prices for common items such as bread go sky high because the stores would know that Americans have more money to spend. So really it would do no good, because everything would just re-adjust itself.

Txwalt":3fbfhbkz said:
If we just took this bail out package and divided it up equally. Gave it to every citizen...
Walt
That is a big part of what is causing our current problems. Giving instead of working to earn and produce something worth while (taking something and adding value to it) instead we take something of value and use it up and produce nothing but more users.

Txwalt":58do6qxe said:
Is my math right? If we just took this bail out package and divided it up equally. Gave it to every citizen regardless of age. It would come out to about $2,500. For a family of 4 that would be $10,000. That would be better stimulas than the nonsense they are cooking up on the hill.

Walt

That wouldn't solve a thing.

The only positive that could come of such an arrangement is that Democrats would have undeniable proof of how ridiculous the notion of redistribution of wealth really is. ;-)

I have been reading about the latest stimulus package that Congress just approved. I don't want it. Really, I don't want the money. I wish there was some way I could just turn it down and have my kids get credited for it so they won't have to pay it back when they are grown.

I never took handouts from anyone and it bothers me when we all start expecting checks from the government just because. We are all just sticking our kids and grandkids with paying it back. And they are going to have a hard enough time of it trying to support all us Baby Boomers as we age.

It just seems backward.

I remember when the national debt was a big political football. Everyone seems to be ignoring that now. This money is going to get in the system and end up in someones pocket. That is a fact.

Walt

Walt, There is a whole bunch of folks out in California who had several houses bought and defaulted on their loans. A half million dollar house out there is worth about $100K here. You don't even get 1/8th of an acre with it.

One guy was on television who defaulted on 7 loans but first bought a "half price" house across the street. He is making payments on the half price house and they cannot take it from him.

At $2500 a person, it is going to take a whole bunch of us to pay his part.

We can blame the legislation that allowed those loans. We can blame the loan officers who made the loans. But the truth is, those who defaulted should be accountable.

Txwalt":3g2lt3uj said:
I remember when the national debt was a big political football. Everyone seems to be ignoring that now. This money is going to get in the system and end up in someones pocket. That is a fact.

Walt

It already has.... banks that received large payments, will not even disclose where it went. CEO's are reaping some huge benefits...

Limomike":aruxq10o said:
Txwalt":aruxq10o said:

Walt

It already has.... banks that received large payments, will not even disclose where it went. CEO's are reaping some huge benefits...

The banks are apparently back in the groove.

Walt

I think the banks used the money to send out all those letters informing us that they were raising our credit card interest rates to 30% for no apparent reason.

Well, I haven't seen any difference in my bottom line, unless you can count not having as much money. Son graduated from college and can't find a job in his field, he working as a housekeeper at a nursing home until something comes up. Programs in my other son's school slashed or eliminated. Doubt I'll get a raise this year. Guys and gals who have served our country in war coming home and not being able to find jobs. My husband lives with a fine young man, he did two tours in Afganistan, was an honor guard at Camp David... he's working for nine bucks an hour at a mobile home plant.

Txwalt":34fwrgu4 said:

Walt

Walt my friend, you just don't get it. We're not smart enough to know how to spend the money, so we placed all of these fine gentlemen in DC to do it in the correct way. Read my signature.........

Latest posts