Bad Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Bad strom last night came through bridge to town is under water, rain gauge overflowed at 5 inches.
I have never seen a lighting storm like last nights in Febuary, and I didn't get here yesterday.

they say the bad storms are supposed to hit here tonite.so we will see how bad it gets.

Caustic Burno":158248ph said:
Bad strom last night came through bridge to town is under water, rain gauge overflowed at 5 inches.
I have never seen a lighting storm like last nights in Febuary, and I didn't get here yesterday.

Tell me about it, 1:30am with the wind, rain and dime size hail couldn't see the barn lights from the ranch house. Also have over five inches (5 is only as full as the gage will hold so don't really know how much rain I got). Do know the ranch road is water covered and the house has water all around. May declare this a private island and apply for U.S. Aid :D

Their calling for more storms this afternoon and have tornado alerts for areas including Corsicana, Athens, Canton and Emory. Don't know which is the worst prospect for today........working in the rain or sitting at the desk working on taxes. Think I'll go work in the rain.

We're on the luckky side of these storms. Only supposed to get 2-3 inches ofrain from them.

Caustic Burno":5adg6r4u said:

We got it hard a couple of hours before daylight - only 2" here, though. Only good thing is now the sun is out, and 70 degrees. Your right about that Caustic, weird for February.

Flood watch here tonight and tomorrow. Looks like the front end of the system that hit you guys is headed our way. Not supposed to get bad storms here, just a lot of rain.

We are getting the storm now.
Had a hard time getting hay out today, rocks have turned to slick mud and raining hard helping to make it worse. We are in need of moisture haven't had to repair water crossing for two years until now.

Storm seems to be weakening,heading east northeast of Navarro County. Still some rain heavy at times alot of thunder. Tornado watch expires in about 2 hours. Hope yall in the path of this thing are ok.

cypressfarms":22n8lxc1 said:
We got it hard a couple of hours before daylight - only 2" here, though. Only good thing is now the sun is out, and 70 degrees. Your right about that Caustic, weird for February.

Don't relax too much.

It looks like it's heading your way right about now.

We only got about 3" of rain. Tornado watch until 9 pm.

Cypress you better batten down the hatches some rough stuff went through here 3" more of rain and high straight line winds. Going to have to put hydraulics on the boat to put out hay.

O.k.,

It's almost 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Lighting and thunder woke me up. From the looks of the radar, it's about to hit hard - nothing but red and orange coming through on the map. Just to the west of us now. Tornado watch already. Looks like I'll be needing to go out and get the generators ready.

Caustic, I need to borrow your hydraulic boat :|

The way it's been raining here I'm about to stock the driveway with trout. I'm sure they would do well in the river environemtn we have now.

I didn't even know the storms were supposed to get that bad. We had a lot of wind and rain. It is nice to see standing water for a change. It was getting really dry around here.

Well Cypress how much fence did you have to repair I had some part of a tree on fence in every pasture.
I just closed the gate to the back pasture as the creek was the back pasture, water will have to go down will check that one tomorrow. Creeks can be a real pain and I have two running through the pasture.

Latest posts