Bad Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1ialz54k said:
Well Cypress how much fence did you have to repair I had some part of a tree on fence in every pasture.
I just closed the gate to the back pasture as the creek was the back pasture, water will have to go down will check that one tomorrow. Creeks can be a real pain and I have two running through the pasture.

Unbelievably lucky Caustic. No fence to repair on my place. However, I'll be at my dads place soon to start repairing. Out of the 45 acres or so he has, he had to put all of the cows in a small 10 acre paddock until we could clear some of the downed trees. My chainsaw's been getting a workout!

Looks like we will get the remains of ya'lls storm in a couple of hours. Already got some rain but the big line is still to the west. Could use some more rain but don't need to repair any more fences. Maybe it will be tired of tearing up fences by the time it gets here.

We got 2 1/2 inches of rain here in bowie tx. and 1 1/2 inches at the montague place.Both places badly needed the rain. Tried tilling a small garden last week and the tiller just bounced around on top of the ground. The rain was a blessing.

Cal

Came in on us about midnight and has rained ever since. Lots of lightning but not much wind. I guessing we got over 2 inches but I'm still lounging around the house cause even a goat has enough sense to stay out of the rain.

whatsupdoc3":2mkt83tq said:
. . . Just to be on the safe side I went out and put another rain gauge beside the other one so I will know if we get over 5 inches.

Does that mean if they're both full you got 10 inches of rain? :)

Latest posts