Bad Sportsmanship

Help Support CattleToday:

cul8r

Reaction score
Yesterday I was a spectator at a weekend heifer show. I saw one of the worst cases of bad sportsmanship. I thought that it was an exhibitors mother, but, later I found out that this woman doesn't even have a child that is showing. She and her husband have borrowed several calves from two ranches and have somebody elses kid showing the calves. Anyway, she accused another exhibitor of buying cattle from the judge is the reason that the judge used that exhibtor for reserve grand champion. Then as I was talking to some other families, I found out that this woman has been telling all kinds of untruths about this exhibitor and the ranchers where this exhibitor has been buying cattle.

Of course this is one of those things that give showing cattle a bad rap. What's really bad is that the ranches were these people have borrowed cattle apparantly don't know what kind of people they have representing them out on the show circuit.
I guess though that they will learn it when their show heifer sales decrease, again.

It doesn't matter what sport you play, what animals you show, etc etc, there are always going to be bad sports, who really shouldn't be there in the first place. But when it comes down to it you just have to ignore them and get on doing what you do best. There's no point wasting time on them.

Latest posts