bad news

Help Support CattleToday:

Frightning stuff-we had one die here in Boemfontein a couple of weeks ago.I just make sure i eat healthily and pop a couple of immune boosters everyday and hope to hel! it goes away. Oh and they say breathe through your nose not the mouth :shock:

alisonb":364z1h81 said:
Frightning stuff-we had one die here in Boemfontein a couple of weeks ago.I just make sure i eat healthily and pop a couple of immune boosters everyday and hope to hel! it goes away. Oh and they say breathe through your nose not the mouth :shock:
What kind of immune boosters?

I hear probiotics and Vit. D. And I'm sure Vit. C.

Waco, Texas paper said today that hundreds were sent home from school yesterday exhibiting "flu like" symptoms. Don't know how many have been confirmed as flue nor how many of those were "swine flu".

their gonna have too shut down the schools,,, and clean house them kids aint gonna use enough caution too keep down the spread

Wife went to the doc this morning for something else, and they've got a sign posted on the door about if you're feverish, coughing, cold like symptons, etc..... pick up one of these masks and wear it inside. Said the waiting room was packed and walk-ins were not welcome. No appointment, no see doc.

A good friend of mine's wife had it last week, she spent two days in the hospital. She's 30 and a school teacher, still not sure exactly how she got exposed to it. When she called last week and told the wife I thought she was joking, so the wife handed me the phone and she started oinking in it. Danged if she didn't have it.

Tami flu is the drug that is supposed to work.

I just wish people when they are sick stay home, keep your kids home and if your kids get sick stay home yourself for a few days to make sure you are not a carrier and infect others.

H1N1 will get worse before it gets better, flu season is just a round the corner. I am worried about my parents, they are in their 70's and my dad already has breathing problems. They get a flu shot every year but my mom still always get a really bad flu each year. I have been healthy ,not even a cold for a few years, now that I have refused to go to hubby's Christmas parties anymore. The normal flu will kill more people than H1N1 though.

Stay healthy everyone.

Its starting to spread through K-State now, thank god I don't go to KU. But I got a lot of the symptoms, still hoping that it is just a scare.

I haven't heard of it around here. Neither school district I'm involved with shut down last year. Don't know that we've had kids out with anything flu like. Shutting down schools isn't going to work anyway because where do those kids go? The mall, the movies... You have to shut those places down just like the did when polio was going around in the fifties.

hillsdown:
I am worried about my parents, they are in their 70's and my dad already has breathing problems. They get a flu shot every year but my mom still always get a really bad flu each year.

The older folks may not get it as bad this time: If you were born before 1957 seems to go easier on you. Here is part of an article I found, but I thought I saw something on it on Fox News.

However, it could have implications for how well different people do when exposed to the swine flu virus. Also, if the government pushes swine flu shots later this year, it might mean only one dose is necessary for senior citizens.

CDC officials say the Asian flu in 1957 — which was a pandemic — and some other flu viruses after, have become common seasonal flu strains. But scientists believe that before 1957, the kind of flu that infected the country each winter was more like the new swine flu, at least in the way patients' immune systems responded.

That would help explain why the new flu seems to be hitting younger people harder than older folks. Usually, the vast majority of flu-related hospitalizations are elderly people. But with the new virus, about 40 percent of those hospitalized have been in the 18 to 50 age group. For all cases — not just those hospitalized — more than 60 percent have been in people younger than 25.

But some people born before 1957 have still been getting sick from the swine flu, and health officials are urging older people to take the same precautions as everyone else.

You can read it all at http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2009/05/21/2847458-tests-show-more-swine-flu-immunity-in-older-folks

Ryder":rtwrb71j said:
What kind of immune boosters?

I hear probiotics and Vit. D. And I'm sure Vit. C.
No probiotics,don't think i like the sound of all the side effects :?: . But a general Vit/immune supplement which will include Vit A,C and zinc.

Kind of makes ya think about keeping the kids home from school, schools are a germ fest anyways. What I can't figure out is if its gonna be so bad this year, why on earth aren't they making enough vaccine for everyone? Heard their are limited quantities available.

GMN

GMN":19xwdzvu said:
Kind of makes ya think about keeping the kids home from school, schools are a germ fest anyways. What I can't figure out is if its gonna be so bad this year, why on earth aren't they making enough vaccine for everyone? Heard their are limited quantities available.

GMN
it apparently takes time to make and they are not sure how good it will be against the H1N1. and people with underlying illnesses, and people working with lots of people are in the front line to get it. Not sure if I want it though. Always have the ordinary flu jab.
My husbands friend had the H1 flu last week and said he didn't feel that bad seemed like a heavy head cold, his is in the older bracket.

Not to make light of the flu, but the lack of, or scarcity of, the vaccine makes a very handy coverup for whatever the government is trying to sneak by us. Scared folks don't pay much attention to anything other than whatever they're scared of at the time. It's been done before.

Latest posts