bad news

Help Support CattleToday:

Jim62":2f1mmibp said:
Not to make light of the flu, but the lack of, or scarcity of, the vaccine makes a very handy coverup for whatever the government is trying to sneak by us. Scared folks don't pay much attention to anything other than whatever they're scared of at the time. It's been done before.

It is the other way around. They want you to get the immunization.

As as side note, it is possible to place a nano-chip implant inside liquid as in a dispensed medical shot.

GMN":efpyyihb said:
Kind of makes ya think about keeping the kids home from school, schools are a germ fest anyways. What I can't figure out is if its gonna be so bad this year, why on earth aren't they making enough vaccine for everyone? Heard their are limited quantities available.

GMN

They have to get the vaccine right, test it, mfg it, and get it out to the public. This year they're working on two vaccines at the same time: regular flu and H1N1. There are only a few companies that manufacture flu vaccine, so it's put a strain on production.

The H1N1 seems to affect young people more than older people. It's not an especially dangerous virus for most of us adults, but it spreads at a much faster rate than regular flu. That's why they want people who work with kids to get vaccinated.

I'm not sure that closing schools will do any good unless there are just too many students out to have classes.

Because I work at both the jail and the school, I will probably get the shot when it is offered. Both places are a festival of funk. Someone mentioned recently that they are requiring emergency response teams to get the shot. I am on the ERT, but I have not heard yet that they are requiring it here, but it makes sense I suppose. I will not choose for my children to get the shot, not yet anyhow.

Last count in Australia 120 have died. It never ceases to amaze me at the start of the swine flu we'd get a report that 1 person had died then it was 10 then not much was heard. It soon becomes un newsworthy. The majority of those that have died have had underlying conditions. Our towns had a few victims but no deaths. You would not know the difference between ordinary flu and the pig one. It also amazes me the number of persons who continued to travel overseas at the the start of bug. Shame the government didn't limit visas passports etc to try and halt it.
Colin

angie":33kollg1 said:
Because I work at both the jail and the school, I will probably get the shot when it is offered. Both places are a festival of funk. Someone mentioned recently that they are requiring emergency response teams to get the shot. I am on the ERT, but I have not heard yet that they are requiring it here, but it makes sense I suppose. I will not choose for my children to get the shot, not yet anyhow.

So does that make you the Funkmaster?

i remember some of the old water fountains at school barely would squirt water, i seen kids have the mouths right on it,, gettin' drinks. if we had something like this when i was a kid we'd all been infected

Swine Flu Deaths Higher in Older Kids

The first detailed study of U.S. children killed by swine flu found the outbreak differs from ordinary flu in at least one puzzling respect: It appears to be taking a higher toll on school-age youngsters than on babies and toddlers.

At least 40 children have died, accounting for about one in 13 U.S. swine flu deaths, scientists with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday. Two-thirds of those already had high-risk health problems, confirming what officials have been saying about who is most vulnerable to swine flu.

It is not clear whether the new virus is more dangerous than ordinary seasonal flu for kids, though some health officials suspect it is. But the analysis shows some preliminary and important differences:

Normally, half or more of the children who die of the flu are 4 and under. But more than 80 percent of the kids who died with swine flu were 5 through 17. Dr. Beth Bell, a CDC epidemiologist, said that may be because older children spend time at school and summer camp, exposed to more people than younger children kept at home.
Almost two-thirds of the children who died with swine flu had epilepsy, cerebral palsy or other neurodevelopmental conditions. In a previous flu season, only a third of the children who died had those conditions.
Other germs, working with swine flu in a one-two punch, were a big danger. A bacterial infection on top of the flu virus played a role in most of the deaths of otherwise healthy children.
Each year 50 to 100 children die of seasonal flu. But it's hard to say whether children account for a higher proportion of deaths from swine flu than they do from seasonal flu. The CDC doesn't monitor seasonal flu deaths as closely as it does swine flu, and has no comprehensive count of each year's flu deaths to enable such a comparison.

Two-thirds of the children who died had high-risk medical conditions. Nearly all of them had an illness related to the nervous system, including mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and other seizure disorders.

Of 10 children who were healthy before they got swine flu, eight had a bacterial infection such as bacterial pneumonia along with the flu.

Latest posts