bad news

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
i went to the dentist yesterday to have some X-RAYS done.an have a tooth pulled.all the dentist done was the X-RAYS.an told me that all of my upper teeth are wore plumm out.an go see the oral surgen an have 9 teeth cut out.an have an upper plate made.i go how much money we talking about.an he goes $20000 or less to get the teeth out.an $1500 more or less for the upper plate.i was like doc you want me to spend what i pay for 2 cows.he goes i can see your a very stubborn tight man.i goes the only money i spend is on cows.

Sorry to hear that, but it is better to get them out because they can cause a lot of health issues, even heart disease. Get it done now so you can look all pretty in your store boughten teeth! My husband has to get all his out, too. Most of his lower jaw teeth are out now and he has a plate. All the upper ones need to come out, as well. I told him as long as he doesn't come a'running at me with no teeth in all scaring me, we were good. And not to kiss me without his teeth in...

ive got an appoint mar 23 to see when he wants to get the teeth out.an then an appointment april 1st to get 1 or 2 fillings.an 3 months to get my mouth healed up after the work is done.an then get them dentures.im not going to go buy my own pollygrip tho :lol: or buy the efferdent :lol:

what the heck have you been gnawin' on too wear em teeth out. them beefmaster steaks aint that tough are they ;-) .... ? best to have em pulled

It could be worse bb ~ if you were a cow we'd advise culling. :eek:

Spend the money and get it done!
I do for sure feel sorry for you though, its not going to be near as much fun as getting a new cow or two. :cry2:

That's a lot of money for tooth extractions. I was looking at some of my grandfather's ledger books from the 50's and 60's last week. He had a turpentine crew working for him at the time. I saw a bill from the dentist in town for tooth extractions for some of the turpentine crew- $4, some $5.

yes they charge way to much to work on teeth.my bill yesterday was almost $200.an that was x-rays an him telling me they all have tobe cut out.it wasnt beefmaster steak i was nawwing on.it was them store bought steaks.man im gonna miss a good steak.reckon i better eat 1 for i loose those teeth.heck i bet angie would just shoot this old cull bull :lol: now im just an old broke mouth bull.

well i think he is treating me fair an straight on the fillingsan making the upper plate.an if the surgen just charges $1500 or so to cut the teeth out thats more than fair.becaus if yall will remember i had 4 teeth cut out a few years ago.an that cost me $1200 or $1400.

Just a thought...my daughter's grandmother went to the dental college in Dallas. She saved a ton of money and was very pleased with the results.

Like I said...just a thought.

Alice

bigbull338":1q9i33mk said:
well i think he is treating me fair an straight on the fillingsan making the upper plate.an if the surgen just charges $1500 or so to cut the teeth out thats more than fair.becaus if yall will remember i had 4 teeth cut out a few years ago.an that cost me $1200 or $1400.
I'm a little confused as usual.
For teeth removal I understood $20000.
Now you say $1500? Is that a tooth or for the whole bunch?

I can still direct you to a place on Saturday night where they remove a lot of teeth for free. Of course any fine will be extra.

Bigbull you should SERIOUSLY consider going to Mexico to have the work done. I know several people who have done that and it cost about a third of what it costs in the USA. I believe there is a place called the Washington clinic where most folks go. It's right on the border and they send shuttles over to the American side every day and bring you back to your hotel at night. With extraction and fitting the dentures, you might be home in 2 or 3 days with your new choppers.

As far as I know the dentists are for the most part trained in the US, and they do good work. At the very least go down there for the extractions you will save a fortune.

3waycross":19i1n74l said:
Bigbull you should SERIOUSLY consider going to Mexico to have the work done. I know several people who have done that and it cost about a third of what it costs in the USA. I believe there is a place called the Washington clinic where most folks go. It's right on the border and they send shuttles over to the American side every day and bring you back to your hotel at night. With extraction and fitting the dentures, you might be home in 2 or 3 days with your new choppers.

As far as I know the dentists are for the most part trained in the US, and they do good work. At the very least go down there for the extractions you will save a fortune.

I had forgotten about that. There are people here who don't go anywhere else. Altho, right now, with the border towns being under siege...I'm just sayin'... :shock:

Alice

I suggest the dental college also (like Alice)...I just hate big dental bills! Hope all goes well for you.

Latest posts