bad news in beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems that folks in the beef chain all the way up and down have very good aim at shooting ourselves in the foot. The consumer's perception impacts all of us in the business. It's just as damaging as the reality. So why do we just keep pushing the limits to sometimes achieve small economic gain to the detriment of the market. BTW, I don't want that stuff in the beef for my family's consumption.

Cowdirt":3l217tm7 said:
Seems that folks in the beef chain all the way up and down have very good aim at shooting ourselves in the foot. The consumer's perception impacts all of us in the business. It's just as damaging as the reality. So why do we just keep pushing the limits to sometimes achieve small economic gain to the detriment of the market. BTW, I don't want that stuff in the beef for my family's consumption.

I never felt like that beef at costco looked right........you have to remember the source. Can you imagine how much beef they buy?

Cowdirt":30huuhyb said:
Wonder how much is already laced with penicillin, LA200 etc etc. How much is really tested especially when it is processed, packaged and sold at the same place it's slaughtered. Did you notice the inclusion rate for this additive?? 4.5 to 9 grams per ton of feed. That's less than a third of an ounce in a ton of feed, which is then distributed to a hundred animals.

Cowdirt":2cblk4gz said:

Thank you "Cowdirt" and everyone who responded. we are here to make money but the right way without impacting
and damaging the consumer perception and the reality how they perceived our business. we don't want Oprah or Peta damaging our public perception. it is hard enough to do this business and to make profit. for small economic gain, will impede our future demands and growths in the third world.

Latest posts