Bad memory day

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Today it is 37 degrees and raining hard with a nice 15 mph wind tossed in to increase the pleasant feeling. I was out in it for 3 hours this morning getting things done. Bad memories of all those years falling timber on the coast where it would be like this nearly every day for 5 months. Nothing to do but put your head down and fly at it. I had a coworker who liked to say it is the pits to hire on to be tough and then have to prove it everyday. Just one more reason that I moved out of western Washington. A morning when it is 10 degrees and calm is so much more enjoyable.

Those memories and hard conditions makes one appreciate the better days and softer conditions.
Those memories and harsh conditions makes one be able to walk through the storm with the head up knowing that you can't knock me down I have been through worse.

We were young back then. Lol
Younger, faster, more nimble, but not nearly as smart. Also not nearly as tough.

All that rain turned to shallow mud. The sky cleared off during the night and the temperature dropped into the mid 20's. So much nicer this morning. Frozen mud is better than normal mud.

I like dry mud myself. can't say I miss my dairy farming days when I had to go out 365 days a year no matter what the weather was like. Hats off to all that survived the harsh days to enjoy the relaxing days.

If G-d brings you to it, G-d will bring you through it. Baruch Ha-Shem! (Blessed is the Name)

I like dry mud myself. can't say I miss my dairy farming days when I had to go out 365 days a year no matter what the weather was like. Hats off to all that survived the harsh days to enjoy the relaxing days.
With a 10 inch annual rain fall we have dry mud 360 days of the year. Note I said shallow mud. I think about the top 2 inches thawed out. Below that was frozen so the mud remained close to the surface. When people here complain about the mud I just smile. A life time on the Washington coast with a 60 inch annual rainfall at the house and falling timber in areas of 150 inch rainfall I have a good understanding of mud and being wet.

We had something that resembled mud for a day last week...got over 2 inches December 30th. Ground soaked it up about as fast as the wind took it away.

Latest posts