bad fireman/what were they thinking!!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
a pair of teenagers,one of whom WAS a volenteer fireman opened firehydrens and wasted fully half of Johnson City and Blanco water supply
They are being charged with terrioest acts ( I'm sorry for the spelling.Sound it out!)

Why the harsh charges? Well,that was half the water supply. It can't be replaced due to no rain. .Suppose there's a fire. Much loss of property and possable life. Same as setting off a bomb.

peg4x4":3slsqns8 said:
Why the harsh charges? Well,that was half the water supply. It can't be replaced due to no rain. .Suppose there's a fire. Much loss of property and possable life. Same as setting off a bomb.
i see,

I would have charged them with malicious vandalism, destruction of public property and maybe theft; but Alacattleman is right. You fill out a job application and answer were you ever convicted of a crime "yes" If yes what charge were you convicted of: "committing a terrorist act" and they won't ever get a job interview. Most people will pick the murderer to interview first.

yeah but--you do the crime------------really stupid,no matter how you look at it. I wonder if alchol was involved?

I've been to Johnson City. Don't they have a large lake there. I would think that they would have city wells. What those boys did was wrong. Does not sound like a Capitol offense to me. Being country boys, they could have done much worse. I wonder what the local law enforcement did when they were kids.
Tom.

peg4x4":j3wg38b7 said:
yeah but--you do the crime------------really stupid,no matter how you look at it. I wonder if alchol was involved?
who knows, we did alot of stupid stuff sober, as kids...

We or I know I did but I am not sure it was Illegal. With all the new laws it might be easy for a kid to get into trouble.
Tom

A volunteer firefighter was just arrested here. He's charged with 15 counts of arson and has confessed to 60 more. We've had terrible fires in this area for the last 2-3 years, about the time he started volunteering.

But I'm not painting all volunteer firemen with one brush. The majority of them do a heck of a job for not much thanks.

Johnson city does have a lake,but it takes choppers to get the water to the fire. Don't know the setup for drinking water.

alacattleman":2qduxtan said:
peg4x4":2qduxtan said:
who knows, we did alot of stupid stuff sober, as kids...

Ain't that the truth. Fine them, make them pay for the lost water, suspend them for 6 months and give them a 2nd chance but don't ruin their lives forever over a stupid mistake. I know that area is extremely dry but there are lakes around and the river runs almost thru town as well and if they have wells, they will refill pretty quickly.

I did alot of stupid stuff...... but NONE of it involved destroying other peoples things that I didn't fix or make right.

How do you lose half your water supply from a fire hydrant, didn't people see water going every where and shut them off? :???:

Latest posts