Bad feet

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT":7wg2zu3c said:
I would think it may be founder I had a crossbred cow that i took off of a dry pasture and put in a pasture that was full of arrow leaf clover and vetch and she founder her feet looked kind of like the ones in the picture. ( Vet said she founderd )

Has anyone else seen a case like this?

KNERSIE":2c3q46xo said:
BRYANT":2c3q46xo said:
I would think it may be founder I had a crossbred cow that i took off of a dry pasture and put in a pasture that was full of arrow leaf clover and vetch and she founder her feet looked kind of like the ones in the picture. ( Vet said she founderd )

The vet has a client with the same problem. Only it's red and white clover.

dun":3rnh2mk3 said:
KNERSIE":3rnh2mk3 said:
BRYANT":3rnh2mk3 said:

The vet has a client with the same problem. Only it's red and white clover.

What I am getting at is can forage alone cause this or do you reckon structural problems might have started the feet problem?

Our grazing conditions often goes from nothing to graze at all to very lush irrigated pasture (with clovers and even small grains mixed in) depending on the time of the year and I have never seen a case.

KNERSIE":3emorbku said:
What I am getting at is can forage alone cause this or do you reckon structural problems might have started the feet problem?

Our grazing conditions often goes from nothing to graze at all to very lush irrigated pasture (with clovers and even small grains mixed in) depending on the time of the year and I have never seen a case.
Could be a structural problem, but when it's just one out a whole herd and they're all more or less related I think it may be more of feed intolerance issue.

THE COW THAT I HAD FOUNDER ON CLOVER WAS A YOUNG 3YR OLD THAT I HAD BOTH OF HER PARENTS AND THEY HAD NO PROBLEMS . SHE WAS NOT POOR WHEN I PUT HER ON THE CLOVER BUT SHE WAS ONE OF THEM COWS THAT I CALL A "PIGGISH COW" FIRST TO THE FEED LAST ONE THERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LEFT TO PICK UP. VET SAID HAD TO DO WITH PROTEIN LEVEL OF ARROWLEAF ????? ME I DON'T KNOW I JUST SENT HER TO TOWN CAUSE I DID NOT LIKE THE WAY IT MADE HER LOOK!!!

KNERSIE":2dw70hye said:
BRYANT":2dw70hye said:

had a couple of new calves bloat when dumped out on arrowleaf.