Bad Attitude :(

Help Support CattleToday:

You can tell alot by bein "touchy feely" with your horse. They do get out of place, and need chiro work. As well as massage therapy, both do wonders, in alot of cases. It doesn't always solve the problem, but it can definately be beneficial with competing horses. Horses get out of place just like people do. And most people that don't think chiro works....have never been to a chiropractor themselves. Just two weeks ago, had the chiro work done on one of our horses....and then the fella pulled out his table and done me too. Felt wonderful. popped me in places that I haven't been popped in years. Normally I don't go to the chiro unless I have somethin major goin on. Never have had it done when I "thought" I was feelin fine. But I felt wonderful afterwards.!!!!! And he didn't charge me a penny for my adjustment. Just the horse.

jersey lilly":6vm83luu said:
You can tell alot by bein "touchy feely" with your horse. They do get out of place, and need chiro work. As well as massage therapy, both do wonders, in alot of cases. It doesn't always solve the problem, but it can definately be beneficial with competing horses. Horses get out of place just like people do. And most people that don't think chiro works....have never been to a chiropractor themselves. Just two weeks ago, had the chiro work done on one of our horses....and then the fella pulled out his table and done me too. Felt wonderful. popped me in places that I haven't been popped in years. Normally I don't go to the chiro unless I have somethin major goin on. Never have had it done when I "thought" I was feelin fine. But I felt wonderful afterwards.!!!!! And he didn't charge me a penny for my adjustment. Just the horse.

As I said, you have a right to your opinion, I have a right to mine.

turn&burn92":200ye1ms said:
Okay to clear things up, I bought him as a 3 year old, started. I have owned him for 2 years, and he's 5. I am not sure if thats what I put, but if it was, I apologize. He was turned out for 1 year, not 3. And that was simply because school and a job to buy his feed, got in the way. I am now fixed and in a better situation and I can afford to train and rodeo like I wanted to. The basics are covered and he's ben worked to death on them in the last few weeks. I'm not trying to "make a barrel horse overnight", I have barrel raced and rodeoed with my older sister for 15 years now, and I am aware that the greats of the sport are not trained overnight. I am trying to be very patient with him and keep in mind that he's still young. I am just looking for ideas, opinions, etc.

Thanks, Kate.

Good luck with him.

UPDATE:

He's still at the trainers and he's running GREAT! I'm SO excited to get him back and run him for myself. Thanks for all the advice and opinions :) Very much appriciated!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!! :D

Another UPDATE:

He's back from the trainers and he's running great! Attitude problem is gone and he's a happy horse! He really seems to like barrels. I have been hauling him for a few months now and he's done great and we've placed at least 3rd at every rodeo! He's running 17's consistantly and he still has a few more gears that haven't been reached yet. Thanks for all the input and advice! :D

Thanks,
Turn&Burn

Well done - congrats.

Horses don't forget. They have wonderful memories, that is why we are able to train them in the first place.

With his year off. He did not have a year off of training if you were still feeding him and rugging him. Every time you interact with him you are training him. You might want to increase your knowledge of training from the ground as well as from the saddle. JMHO.

Latest posts