Bad attitude

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been reading the posts on this thread and waiting for someone to comment on the REASON that bulls have the inclination to act like bulls! TESTOSTERONE That male sex hormone is the primary cause for a lot of problems that male animals seem to find themselves contending with! Can you imagine - even Human male animals! To name a few: Stallions, Bulls, Rams, Roosters, Ganders, Boars, Bull Elk, Billy Goats, ...Wrestlers...ANY male with an over-abundance of 'Male-enhancement' Hormones will act differently than some people would prefer!

The lesson to be learned here is this: DO NOT CONSIDER A MALE BEING USED AS A SIRE AS TRUSTWORTHY AND GENTLE! EVER! That doesn't mean that they are all dangerous. But they can be, and you don't know what little thing will set them off. And don't make "pets" out of Bulls. I don't care how cute and sweet he may be at three months of age - he WON'T be cute and sweet at three years of age with a pasture full of cows and heifers to take care of, and someone trying to scratch his curly head!

Fore Warned is Fore Armed.

DOC HARRIS

I luv herfrds":11noadhr said:
Brandonm2 Husband helped a neighbor get a bull in. The bull would charge and chase 4-wheelers, people and it turned out horses.
Punched the husbands horse unseating him, luckily he held onto the reins or that bull would have trampled him. His horse took off running and dragged him away from the bull. Neighbor shipped the bull that week before he killed somebody.
Somebody should have spit tobacco juice in his eye. Bet that would maybe have stopped him. ;-)

What had happened before, but we were not aware of it Ryder is the bull had been headed and heeled before to get him in the time before. The heeler got him by one leg and the sac :shock:
That was the only way they could get him in the corral.
I think the juice would have just made him madder. ;-)

I luv herfrds":2i53m9yh said:
What had happened before, but we were not aware of it Ryder is the bull had been headed and heeled before to get him in the time before. The heeler got him by one leg and the sac :shock:
That was the only way they could get him in the corral.
I think the juice would have just made him madder. ;-)
NOTHING - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - could have made him madder than to be roped by the sac! :roll: :mad: :help:

DOC HARRIS

Brute 23":39jpcd9c said:
I would walk right up in the middle of them and see what he does. If he starts pawing or acting up I like to run at them and kind of jump with my arms real big to see if they will back down. I also usually throw something to hit them in the head and make them turn. It breaks their focus.

I usually take a 2x4 or a piece of pipe or something so if he does decide he wants to get it on I crack him right between the eyes.

What kind of flowers would you prefer at your funeral?

msscamp":27o0pp4q said:
Brute 23":27o0pp4q said:
I would walk right up in the middle of them and see what he does. If he starts pawing or acting up I like to run at them and kind of jump with my arms real big to see if they will back down. I also usually throw something to hit them in the head and make them turn. It breaks their focus.

I usually take a 2x4 or a piece of pipe or something so if he does decide he wants to get it on I crack him right between the eyes.

Its not that big of a deal... I don't see what all the fuss is about.

We deal with bulls like this all the time. Bulls like these in question are the norm.

GO out on sime big ranches when they are cleaning out pastures and see what they bring out of the brush wtih the hellicopter. Most of them haven't ever seen people. YOu still got to work them.

I always ride with the guys flying and when they can't get the cattle out of the brush they set me down and I go in with rat shot or a shotgun and start blasting.

More than once I have been up in a tree with some mean momma cows circling under me. :shock: I have to wait for some one to run the cows off so I can get back down.

Brute 23":3qgrujmj said:
msscamp":3qgrujmj said:
Brute 23":3qgrujmj said:

Its not that big of a deal... I don't see what all the fuss is about.

We deal with bulls like this all the time. Bulls like these in question are the norm.

GO out on sime big ranches when they are cleaning out pastures and see what they bring out of the brush wtih the hellicopter. Most of them haven't ever seen people. YOu still got to work them.

I always ride with the guys flying and when they can't get the cattle out of the brush they set me down and I go in with rat shot or a shotgun and start blasting.

More than once I have been up in a tree with some mean momma cows circling under me. :shock: I have to wait for some one to run the cows off so I can get back down.

I do not think that type of cattle or operation are the norm though. Not many of us use our Helicopter to round up cattle. So most of us do not have to put up with a bull that gets aggressive, same with cows. Life is to short and most of us herds are to small to tolerate excessive aggression!

Latest posts