Bacon anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

thanks for the pics. takes me back several years when I use to raise hogs and sell feeders. I kind of miss those days once in a while, but not enough days to talk myself into doing it again. always had a goal of 10 piglets per sow back then, but don't ever remember weaning that. thing are probably a lot different now than back in the 80s.

BACON BITS! 😍 How adorable!

I've always wanted to raise some of my own pork, but I just don't have the energy anymore. Now, if I could turn a whole pig into nothing but bacon, I'd do it! ;)

Bacon seeds.

I miss having hogs but with out a market they are about worthless.

Bacon seeds.

I miss having hogs but with out a market they are about worthless.
The sow was won by our youngest at our local fair a few years ago. He caught her in the greased pig contest. This is her 3rd or 4th litter and the boy has actually made some nice money off the pig. He is quite the little salesman and literally has a waiting list of folks wanting his finished hogs! After he pays for their corn he is making around $200 off each pig. Big time $ for a 10 yr old! Here's a pic from when we first got her:
IMG_20180731_225721.jpg

The sow was won by our youngest at our local fair a few years ago. He caught her in the greased pig contest. This is her 3rd or 4th litter and the boy has actually made some nice money off the pig. He is quite the little salesman and literally has a waiting list of folks wanting his finished hogs! After he pays for their corn he is making around $200 off each pig. Big time $ for a 10 yr old! Here's a pic from when we first got her:
View attachment 4157
You made a post about that back when he won her didn't you?

Pigs go to market tomorrow. Got them weighed today. Average weight 353 with the biggest at 370 and the smallest at 320. After expenses, the boy netted around $220/hog.. he feels like a wealthy 11 year old!

Last edited:
This little piggy went to market.....

Very nice that your young man is enjoying himself. Shows a lot of responsibility too!

Where do ya take em to sell?
How many did he end up raising?

This little piggy went to market.....

Very nice that your young man is enjoying himself. Shows a lot of responsibility too!

Where do ya take em to sell?
How many did he end up raising?
They're sold privately. We haul them to the butcher; the buyers pick the meat up directly at the butcher