Back to school...

Help Support CattleToday:

Is there a school nurse? Seems that person would be one to make sure child safety is followed, including foods offered, or not being fed.

You would think but I don't believe there is a nurse. Their excuse for every thing after talking in circles was new principal, new teachers, new lunch staff, new everybody 🙄 I do understand the school will mess up I understand that but when they don't fix the problem we still having a problem it's a problem.
One the other things was we don't want our children pictures on any public social media or public apps. Maybe it's just us but it's a little creepy to put your children pictures all over the internet. If you don't understand this go visit some child molesters in prison they can explain how great and easy it is and how they get off on this children pictures. Yes I find that disturbing. We watched many locked up show they will tell you and don't care. We have many people in trouble for this type thing in the area. Call me weird over protect whatever these are my only children I take them serious. They aren't replaceable nor could you ever undo anything if ever done like that. So yes after requesting no public pictures of our children the teacher did it anyways. I asked her 4 different times to remove the pictures along with a video. Before going to the principal, she said she handle it. 2 hours later teacher adds more pictures and the video. Clearly she didn't handle it. So yes I went to the director. Still last night the pictures and video were still up. Yes I understand people wanting pictures and videos while there kids at school. Than my daughter comes home tells me she didn't get go to the bathroom cause he teacher was on the playing on her phone wouldn't listen when she kept asking all day. I mean what wrong with people. My daughter just turned 4 years old put the phone down answer her and let her use the restroom.
We are going to have another meet Monday morning. I made that crap up but when it's clearly not being handle what do you do? I told the teacher after the 4th time( my bi#$% came out the closet. I tried to keep her locked up but she broke free. ) I told her if she didn't care about teaching children and being a positive role model she may want to get a new job. Maybe mean I don't feel she is doing a good job. Private school teachers are held at higher standards than public school and so for she needs to go back to whatever school she came from that allow the crap she is doing. Maybe the reason she isn't there too. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Want to move on to the next b.s. the school wouldn't let my son go to kindergarten cause his birthday falls right after cut off. I'm talking days. Okay rules or rules I get it. He is extremely smart I'm not just being on them mothers that brag on their child either. He knows how to add, Subtract, multiple, division read a little yada yada yada. He gets up to kindergarten guess what they are learning? Numbers and letters. His classmate send a invitation for a birthday party. Guess what the classmate will be turning 5!!! How did the classmate get to be in kindergarten and my son who is smart couldn't. It's one thing after another. On top that when he was 4 they put him in a 3 year old class. Than kept telling us how smart he was. The entire school just a ratchet.
If yall have some advice please give me some. Otherwise I believe I'll drive the extra 30 minutes (15 minutes more each way) to take them over by Big Foot. We go drink his coffee. 😉 unless things change.

You would think but I don't believe there is a nurse. Their excuse for every thing after talking in circles was new principal, new teachers, new lunch staff, new everybody 🙄 I do understand the school will mess up I understand that but when they don't fix the problem we still having a problem it's a problem.
One the other things was we don't want our children pictures on any public social media or public apps. Maybe it's just us but it's a little creepy to put your children pictures all over the internet. If you don't understand this go visit some child molesters in prison they can explain how great and easy it is and how they get off on this children pictures. Yes I find that disturbing. We watched many locked up show they will tell you and don't care. We have many people in trouble for this type thing in the area. Call me weird over protect whatever these are my only children I take them serious. They aren't replaceable nor could you ever undo anything if ever done like that. So yes after requesting no public pictures of our children the teacher did it anyways. I asked her 4 different times to remove the pictures along with a video. Before going to the principal, she said she handle it. 2 hours later teacher adds more pictures and the video. Clearly she didn't handle it. So yes I went to the director. Still last night the pictures and video were still up. Yes I understand people wanting pictures and videos while there kids at school. Than my daughter comes home tells me she didn't get go to the bathroom cause he teacher was on the playing on her phone wouldn't listen when she kept asking all day. I mean what wrong with people. My daughter just turned 4 years old put the phone down answer her and let her use the restroom.
We are going to have another meet Monday morning. I made that crap up but when it's clearly not being handle what do you do? I told the teacher after the 4th time( my bi#$% came out the closet. I tried to keep her locked up but she broke free. ) I told her if she didn't care about teaching children and being a positive role model she may want to get a new job. Maybe mean I don't feel she is doing a good job. Private school teachers are held at higher standards than public school and so for she needs to go back to whatever school she came from that allow the crap she is doing. Maybe the reason she isn't there too. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Want to move on to the next b.s. the school wouldn't let my son go to kindergarten cause his birthday falls right after cut off. I'm talking days. Okay rules or rules I get it. He is extremely smart I'm not just being on them mothers that brag on their child either. He knows how to add, Subtract, multiple, division read a little yada yada yada. He gets up to kindergarten guess what they are learning? Numbers and letters. His classmate send a invitation for a birthday party. Guess what the classmate will be turning 5!!! How did the classmate get to be in kindergarten and my son who is smart couldn't. It's one thing after another. On top that when he was 4 they put him in a 3 year old class. Than kept telling us how smart he was. The entire school just a ratchet.
If yall have some advice please give me some. Otherwise I believe I'll drive the extra 30 minutes (15 minutes more each way) to take them over by Big Foot. We go drink his coffee. 😉 unless things change.
Take your kids out of there, whether you home school or find another school, the stress this is creating for you and your kids is not good. My sister pulled her son out of public school, this has been years ago, because a teacher(?) gave her son a shove when they were crossing a street that resulted in him falling. She home schooled him, his younger sister and is now home schooling her grandson. People worry about the kids getting to socialize, this type of socializing is not good.

I graduated after 12 years in a public school, fortunately they did not grade our social skills or I would still be trying to get my diploma
1628958884429.png

Your right about the stress. 🤯 It could be a new diet plan I'm losing weight. Maybe I could patent plan and be rich. 🤑🤡 we make a point not to discuss it in front of our children. I'm sure they can still sense something isn't right. I don't believe children need to deal with adult problems again that's just me.
These people want our children to be so responsible, getting themselves out of the vehicle, dressed shirts tucked in business clean look belts yada yada yada, ( I get all that) make good grades no ands ifs or buts, remind ya'll my children are young they hold this children to high standards yet can't handle an adult problem at the school like professional. One the reason we want our children there is cause of the high standards and they push them to do good and small classes teacher/child. Public school have 30-50 children per a class. Private is 10-15. I feel our children need more one and one that the school can give and the push to do better. If they go to a public school if its bad 🐴 kids they will learn to be the same. Not saying there can't be good children at private and public school and misbehaving children at both. I don't like the public schools it's more who you are around here and just move the kid on regardless if they understand. I went to public school I'll tell you it was horrible. I'm sure it has gotten even better. I went to private school as an adult well it was better. I also homeschool my last year of high school so I do see all the advantages and disadvantages. My mom was so mean anytime I got in trouble when I homeschool she make me go to Lowes with her. She would take hours in there it was BORING to me as a teenager I hated that crap and she knew it.

Maybe you and your husband need to be there Monday to have a direct conversation with the director.

You mentioned you're obligated financially for the school year. I'd question how obligated you could be if they can not meet some standards.

You obviously know how to home school, how did a 4 year old learn what he knows? Bring them home and forget about that school if they can't come up to reasonable standards.

The pictures and videos on social media is something that should not be. My wife was always saying that she would not do that as a teacher for safety concerns as you stated. If they are posting them on a public site then that is not good at all and then against your wishes that is inexcusable.
I would look into taking them out of that school, and would also look into a refund. I have known of several who took their children out of school and am pretty sure that they would have received a prorated refund, maybe different schools have different policies on that.

Last edited:
I feel like I'd have better luck winning the lottery than getting some of the people there to understand and handle the situation like professionals. At this point I feel like both my children could handle it better and they are kids. Heck even the cows and Mini horse do better. They know you have to eat, drink, and use the restrooms.
I may start eating lunch with my children and volunteering at the school. Never mind I only eat pancakes, popcorn, and coffee. 😉

Well you could make a sandwich using the pancake you made at home, filled with popcorn, and take your coffee. All will be solved!! ;)

Maybe get a prescription xanax or valium something to be able to give this blank stare like some of them and not see any issues with anything wrong.

No worries I'm not doing that. If I took Xanax I'd be up there trying to fight them all. They always make me want to fight. I can be the happiest person take a Xanax I'm going to want to fight. I know better than to do that. 😅🤣🤣😁

Valium 😆 Yea 😆👹🙈 I'll just be me.

I reconnected recently with some of my old classmates in 4th grade on FB. We all agreed that our 4th grade teacher should have never been allowed to teach. My mother, on the first day of school told the teacher if the school could not challenge me she was going to put me in a private school. This teacher put me in front of her desk and referred to my going to private school to the class every time I screwed up. It was 1962, I was the biggest kid in the 4th grade, and I was in a fight every recess. Every kid wanted to see if they could whip me. They couldn't as this was in the city and I had been on the farm every weekend and summer for 3 years. She embarrassed and ridiculed me hourly. She was an old maid and told us about surviving the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. She drove a 1940 Plymouth. At least once a week my mother would have to come get me because I had a stomach ache. I would get home and within 30 minutes I would be Ok. The next year I was moved to a private school in the middle of 5th grade. The students were from some very affluent parents, at that time, the founding families of Oklahoma City. I was in a fight at least once a week. I just could not fit in. I was a kid who wanted to farm, that was allI could think of.. Finally in the 8th grade they moved me back to public school. It was rough, but I could sorta fit in, they moved me into the 9th grade in public school. So, I went through 2 years in one. Graduating at 16yrs old. The only courses I was good in were auto mechanics and drivers education. I had been driving and working on tractors since I was 6yrs old.. My mother worked and could not home school me. If you can, take them out and teach them yourself. The education system is ridiculous. You can refuuse to pay the tuition, and probably win in court... To this day I have Irritable Bowel Disease IBD. the Gastric Dr. told me it probably started in 4th grade when I was having the stomach problems every week, he had seen it before.. I have been on medication for the problem for over 35 years, it took 15 years to finally get it diagnosed. That one teacher caused me to absolutely hate school.

Last edited:
I reconnected recently with some of my old classmates in 4th grade on FB. We all agreed that our 4th grade teacher should have never been allowed to teach. My mother, on the first day of school told the teacher if the school could not challenge me she was going to put me in a private school. This teacher put me in front of her desk and referred to my going to private school to the class every time I screwed up. It was 1962, I was the biggest kid in the 4th grade, and I was in a fight every recess. Every kid wanted to see if they could whip me. They couldn't as this was in the city and I had been on the farm every weekend and summer for 3 years. She embarrassed and ridiculed me hourly. She was an old maid and told us about surviving the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. She drove a 1940 Plymouth. At least once a week my mother would have to come get me because I had a stomach ache. I would get home and within 30 minutes I would be Ok. The next year I was moved to a private school in the middle of 5th grade. The students were from some very affluent parents, at that time, the founding families of Oklahoma City. I was in a fight at least once a week. I just could not fit in. I was a kid who wanted to farm, that was allI could think of.. Finally in the 8th grade they moved me back to public school. It was rough, but I could sorta fit in, they moved me into the 9th grade in public school. So, I went through 2 years in one. Graduating at 16yrs old. The only courses I was good in were auto mechanics and drivers education. I had been driving and working on tractors since I was 6yrs old.. My mother worked and could not home school me. If you can, take them out and teach them yourself. The education system is ridiculous. You can refuuse to pay the tuition, and probably win in court... To this day I have Irritable Bowel Disease IBD. the Gastric Dr. told me it probably started in 4th grade when I was having the stomach problems every week, he had seen it before.. I have been on medication for the problem for over 35 years, it took 15 years to finally get it diagnosed. That one teacher caused me to absolutely hate school.

I can't say I understand... can relate the school I went to growing up sucked big hairy smelly balls.

I know there are some wonderful teachers. I apparently attracted b.s. or only 💩 that happens to me. 😓 I'm in a bad mood... 🙆🏽‍♀️

Kid came home today he fell off some play ground equipment at recess, scraped up his elbow pretty good. He said none the teacher check on him even said nothing. Again my question is where the teachers? Why wasn't I informed and him sent to the nurse. At least an email letting me know what happened. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I emailed the school, the teacher replied he seemed okay. Yada yada yada. How he fell yesterday scraped up his hands and knees she offered to send him to the nurse for a bandaid or let him get a wet towel. I asked kid about it he said he didn't fall yesterday. Nothing on None his hands or knees. Maybe she has him confused with another kid? Who knows.
Maybe I expect to much from professional adults. I have mixed feelings about it. I want take them out yet both kids want to stay. So do I take them, out traumatize them and be the bad one. Or let it go and see what happens... maybe I'm over reacting. Half the people I've talked to suggest seeing if it gets better others say get them out. It's freaking me out... I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break down over it.
If it's supposed to be the best school here and one the top in Kentucky. Whats the next options. Are they all this bad?
I'm to dumb to homeschool them. 🤯 I wish I could. I'm already screwing them enough by sending them to this school I thought was the best choice. Now don't know how to withdraw them from the school in a non traumatizing way. 😓

Shell, I think your wrong to call yourself dumb and feel you can't teach you kid's things yourself.

Schools, teacher's, books, computers are all tools used to teach kid's and adults alike how to learn themselfs things that are of interest to them.

Learning starts from the time a baby is slapped on its behind at birth and takes its first breath until the day it takes its last breath and dies.

Alot of people are under the impression that education doesn't start until a kid starts its first day of school and doesn't have an education until it graduates and receives a diploma symbolizing such. That's the norm anyway.

When it comes to schools. I think alot of parents anymore have come to the conclusion that all they have to do is to send their kids to school and it's the schools responsibility to educate their kids for them.

I think parents who have that conclusion are in for a big let down. And will probably blame the school for their kids not getting the education they feel their kids should have ended up with. When in reality thoes kind of parents should be blaming themselfs for not doing their part in helping teach their kids themselfs.

Parents are perfectly capable of learning the same thing they are exspecting their kids to learn at school. It's as much if not more the parents place to help and work with the school to help teach their kids. As it is the schools.

Parents have the same access to all thoes learning tools ( teachers,books,computers, etc..., ) that their kids have access too. So there is no excuse why any parent can't help their kid's learn. Not only in school subjects but in life in general. If that parent is having to learn for the first time themselfs what their kids are having to learn. That's all the better. It never hurts to learn new things. Why should a parent exspect their kids to learn something they aren't capable of doing themselfs ?

When it comes to what type of school a parent decides to send their kids to. School is very important too. My granddaughters parents decided on a private school run by a church up until she started the 5th grade. They decided to put her in a public school. She was right where the church oriented school felt she should be but, was way behind in learning for the public school. It took alot private tutoring that first year to catch her up with the rest of her class in the public school. So she was well prepared for Sunday school but would not of been prepared for the job market once she finished high school.

Their reason for putting her in the private church school to begin with was to shield her from real life or the real world.

In the private school she wasn't treated like she would be out the real world like everybody deals with on a daily basis.

So my point is Shell there is a whole lot you yourself can do in your kids schooling if you want too. But that will mean getting more involved yourself and quit depending so much on the school to do it for you.

I've tried more than once to type some thing positive in this thread but I cant. I have dreaded my son going back to school also. Our local public school is a circus. He is a social kid and loves being with his friends and I dont want that experience ruined. I could care less about their so called "education".

We have 3 more years left and I am done.

Good luck and give them hell!

I kinda agree Brute. I had a couple of pretty mean teachers when I was in 1-12 school (1950s-1960s) but overall school wasn't bad but by the time my own kids were in school, (mid-late 1970s) the whole thing had begun to change and it was much more authoritarian from admin down.
Gone are the days you can go to the school and tell a male teacher to meet you outside for the ass whoopin he so richly deserves too.

I kinda agree Brute. I had a couple of pretty mean teachers when I was in 1-12 school (1950s-1960s) but overall school wasn't bad but by the time my own kids were in school, (mid-late 1970s) the whole thing had begun to change and it was much more authoritarian from admin down.
Gone are the days you can go to the school and tell a male teacher to meet you outside for the ass whoopin he so richly deserves too.

Dang you mean to tell me you could kick your teachers butts after school? 😅🤣🤣

Shoot now days you say one word wrong they take that as a threat. If a kid gets in a fight cops can be called and criminal charges.

Things have differently changed even from when I was in school. I remember some of the stuff we couldn't do at school now days nobody blinks an eye. Versus some of the things kids did that if done today would be serious trouble.

504RP I agree with you. It's not that I can't teach my children. I'm sure I teach them stuff all the time good and bad. My son said to me when he was in preschool when I was pulling in to the school. Hey mom we don't say f$%& at school do we? I told him no baby you don't say f$%& at school. 🤦🏽‍♀️ oops I mean correct we don't say that at school. They know where calves come from and they need a bull daddy to have a baby with the mother cow. Lol I work with them on stuff at home we read, count, alphabet, ect. As far as me thinking I could give them a good education no. I can't even do Algebra. I can't make sense of it looks like a foreign language to me. I expect more from my children cause the world expect high education for jobs. If I was book smart I could be many things book smart isn't one. I'm better hands on not rememberizing stuff. Not to say I can't learn I just don't keep the information doesn't stay in my brain. My adhd I'm here there every where don't think that's good to try to teach children. I'd be off subject on field trips everyday. 😊
Off subject...
I had an attorney one time told me you get farther in life by playing dumb. I'm the type of person I don't want help unless it's my husband. I feel like if somebody helps me do something they expect something in return. This attorney said look at single moms how willing people are to help them. Just play dumb people will help versus if you try or know how to do something. Sad but the attorney had a point. Pull up to the gas pump act like you can't figure out how to pump your gas ask somebody. 😅🤦🏽‍♀️ it's actually humorous to how this really happens. You see people all the time you help for different things find out later they are this or that...🤨🤔 🤷🏽‍♀️

I said you could invite him out for the ass whoopin. Him accepting the challenge was optional. Today, even an invite would most likely land you in jail.
(they don't make 'em like they used to)

I said you could invite him out for the ass whoopin. Him accepting the challenge was optional. Today, even an invite would most likely land you in jail.
(they don't make 'em like they used to)
I grew up on a homebuilding site as soon as I was out of diapers, with my Uncle and a bunch of WWII Seabees, my dad was going to college and working after he got out every day. At least once a week there was a fight about who was right. It was handled out behind the pickups and when done, I was told to get the losers bottle out of his toolbox and bring it. If you got hurt, an old rag and some duct tape was a bandage. If it hurt really bad, then the bottle was brought out of the toolbox. Payday was on Friday, the boss would bring out the checks with a tub of beer on ice. I always wanted my own pair of carpenter overalls. When people wonder how I grew up I tell them I was raised by carpenters. Jesus was a carpenter.

I don't have kids. It was a mistake, but too long ago.. I probably would have been thrown in jail for what I might do to an idiot teacher.

Seems like Jesus was the son of a carpenter. The 'nails' were part of a personal contract with a Higher Authority!

Had cops on campus first two days of school for a gun threat and gang related kids from another town on campus. One group from Mexico the other from California.

... and this is not Houston ISD. We are a 2A school in a s town of less than 3,000 people. Our schools are being turned in to a war zone. 🤬 People are already getting nasty about it. Not sure how this will pan out.

Our sheriff had mainly been putting pressure on people traveling through the county but it looks like that is about to change.

Latest posts