Back to school...

Help Support CattleToday:

Just as in the cattle business things vary from region to region in lots of areas.

Here in middle Tennessee the private schools are top notch, expensive, and the teachers are well paid. Right now due to mask mandates they are swamped with applications.
No doubt some are good, here there is one that is far above the rest. For the record would <$23,000 with no benefits and obligations for extracurricular activities be well paid for someone entrusted to teach children?

Bus driver here make $13 something last I saw the signs out by the roads needing bus drivers. No freaking way I could drive a bus full of children.

I went took the principal to the principal office this morning to have a meet cause clearly the phone call she didn't understand me clear enough.
Later had another phone call with the director very unprofessional. They need thank God I'm not a Facebooker. It's bull crap to me they don't seem to take my concerns serious or the safety of my children. I'd expect that in public schools but a private school. They talked in circles had so many excuses my head hurts. Regardless if we were to withdraw them we still have to pay for this years tuition.
If I thought I could homeschooling them and them not get behind I would. I want them to have a good education not something I feel I am smart enough to give them myself.

Bus driver here make $13 something last I saw the signs out by the roads needing bus drivers. No freaking way I could drive a bus full of children.

I went took the principal to the principal office this morning to have a meet cause clearly the phone call she didn't understand me clear enough.
Later had another phone call with the director very unprofessional. They need thank God I'm not a Facebooker. It's bull crap to me they don't seem to take my concerns serious or the safety of my children. I'd expect that in public schools but a private school. They talked in circles had so many excuses my head hurts. Regardless if we were to withdraw them we still have to pay for this years tuition.
If I thought I could homeschooling them and them not get behind I would. I want them to have a good education not something I feel I am smart enough to give them myself.
Your description of meeting with the principal and director talking in circles sounds very consistent with what my wife ran into too. Unfortunately the talk can be pretty much just hype.
Hoping that the situation gets better for y'all.

Your description of meeting with the principal and director talking in circles sounds very consistent with what my wife ran into too. Unfortunately the talk can be pretty much just hype.
Hoping that the situation gets better for y'all.
I appreciate the honesty and from a teacher view. Experience in the past I agree once some where has gone from being an excellent place to 💩 and they don't address the situations it normally keeps going to 💩. Sad part it's suppose to be one the top rated schools. It was very good when we took our school before Coronavirus. Replacement the principal, half the staff, the director, superintendent, lunch staff apparently it's their excuses. Basically they all playing the blame game, nobody wants to step up take responsibility that yes they clearly messed up 4 times in one day with my children. When I took the principal to the principal office today I'm pretty sure she figured out real quickly I wasn't joking. She is supposedly going to fix the issues. We will see...

I appreciate the honesty and from a teacher view. Experience in the past I agree once some where has gone from being an excellent place to 💩 and they don't address the situations it normally keeps going to 💩. Sad part it's suppose to be one the top rated schools. It was very good when we took our school before Coronavirus. Replacement the principal, half the staff, the director, superintendent, lunch staff apparently it's their excuses. Basically they all playing the blame game, nobody wants to step up take responsibility that yes they clearly messed up 4 times in one day with my children. When I took the principal to the principal office today I'm pretty sure she figured out real quickly I wasn't joking. She is supposedly going to fix the issues. We will see...
Here's to hoping it gets resolved

Here's to hoping it gets resolved

So for the principal assured me two different times she would handle the issues. Here we are Friday night wasn't handle. They all got emails, better thank God schools closed and my big white 🍑 couldn't go back to the principal office again in the same day. I seriously thought about going over to her. She is taking up my time by not handling the situation professionally 2 times talking about the same issues and having to go over her head cause she didn't fix anything was to much. Now still didn't. I'm smoking like a freight train, it's ridiculous to me. Things aren't what they used to be thats for sure. I'd done pulled my children out except they made friends and I'm not going to be that parent. How do you tell little children the school sucks. My daughters teachers was 45 minutes late to meet the teachers, after she postponed it 30 minutes from the time it started. Reason being she wanted to meet her children teachers aka her Co workers. Does anybody else see that as weird? 🤦🏽‍♀️ TACKY and unprofessional.
I seriously don't know if I'm cursed where this type b.s. finds me and doesn't happen to anybody else or what. 😥

Wish we had some old, rusty, unrusty, new, wrecked, whatever Chevys. I want go to one the classic junk yards the ones you can see rusty vehicles for miles. ❤
My old man used to take me on dates to this you pull it a junk yard (you pull your own parts. ) Good times. ☺😍 I'm really not joking I liked going it wasn't a real "date" but we had fun.
The pull a part off Steele st in tacoma has Air Force jets landing big enough to put a bus into and Mt Rainer in the background rising from 200ft elevation to 14400ft elevation awesome sight!
I tease my wife about it!

So for the principal assured me two different times she would handle the issues. Here we are Friday night wasn't handle. They all got emails, better thank God schools closed and my big white 🍑 couldn't go back to the principal office again in the same day. I seriously thought about going over to her. She is taking up my time by not handling the situation professionally 2 times talking about the same issues and having to go over her head cause she didn't fix anything was to much. Now still didn't. I'm smoking like a freight train, it's ridiculous to me. Things aren't what they used to be thats for sure. I'd done pulled my children out except they made friends and I'm not going to be that parent. How do you tell little children the school sucks. My daughters teachers was 45 minutes late to meet the teachers, after she postponed it 30 minutes from the time it started. Reason being she wanted to meet her children teachers aka her Co workers. Does anybody else see that as weird? 🤦🏽‍♀️ TACKY and unprofessional.
I seriously don't know if I'm cursed where this type b.s. finds me and doesn't happen to anybody else or what. 😥
Sounds like Monday is going to be

Sometimes it seems that way, but everybody goes through things. Doesn't make it any easier when you're going through a rough patch, but you aren't alone and it's important to remember that bad things happen to everyone and not always a result of something we've done. It's just the reality of living in a sin cursed world.
The issues that you are dealing with are different than the ones my wife dealt with working at a school, yet I will share some advice that she was given at the time. Document everything. Your concerns, when you met with which individuals and what was said each time.
My wife found out through talking with parents that sometimes their concerns did not reach her while somethings that were not their concerns did reach her as coming from them. I would recommend that if you can talk to the teachers first hand that may clear some things up that may not reach them through a third party individual such as a principal. If no satisfaction from the teacher and problems persist then other individuals may be needed to help mediate a solution.

Last edited:
Sometimes it seems that way, but everybody goes through things. Doesn't make it any easier when you're going through a rough patch, but you aren't alone and it's important to remember that bad things happen to everyone and not always a result of something we've done. It's just the reality of living in a sin cursed world.
The issues that you are dealing with are different than the ones my wife dealt with working at a school, yet I will share some advice that she was given at the time. Document everything. Your concerns, when you met with which individuals and what was said each time.
My found out through talking with parents that sometimes there concerns did not reach her while somethings that were not there concerns did reach her as coming from them. I would recommend that if you can talk to the teachers first hand that may clear some things up that may not reach them through a third party individual such as a principal. If no satisfaction from the teacher and problems persist then other individuals may be needed to help mediate a solution.
I totally agree with you I talked with the first teacher on the issue now 4 times and still now handled. I get really angry when it comes to my children safety and when adults aren't handling the situation professionally yet act like some immature teenagers. A simple yes we will address the situations would be fine, than do it. It shouldn't be continued on for days nothing done and being the first days of school. I feel any concerns a parent has should be took serious.
Your right about keep a record of it cause I'm afraid it's not ending here. If by chance my children end up staying there years down the road one my children get in trouble I will remind them no remember ya'll 🤬 up 4 times with my children in one day. "let's erase this and just start fresh tomorrow. " I told the principal not being mean or rude but I'm not a pencil I don't erase and start over tomorrow especially when we are talking about the safety of my children. How does a school not give a child lunch it's ridiculous. He didn't go to prison he went to elementary. Where were the adult watching this children to see that go lunch? They tried to turn it all around like it was my fault. **** I wasn't at the school. I left my children thinking they can be grown professional adults. The other child they gave her something she allergic too. I was up all night with her. It's not okay. If it ever happens again I will be at one there house they can deal with my sick daughter all night.

Sorry for all the rants I really do appreciate all your advice, being most of ya'll are older and more experienced. Have a nice day.

I totally agree with you I talked with the first teacher on the issue now 4 times and still now handled. I get really angry when it comes to my children safety and when adults aren't handling the situation professionally yet act like some immature teenagers. A simple yes we will address the situations would be fine, than do it. It shouldn't be continued on for days nothing done and being the first days of school. I feel any concerns a parent has should be took serious.
Your right about keep a record of it cause I'm afraid it's not ending here. If by chance my children end up staying there years down the road one my children get in trouble I will remind them no remember ya'll 🤬 up 4 times with my children in one day. "let's erase this and just start fresh tomorrow. " I told the principal not being mean or rude but I'm not a pencil I don't erase and start over tomorrow especially when we are talking about the safety of my children. How does a school not give a child lunch it's ridiculous. He didn't go to prison he went to elementary. Where were the adult watching this children to see that go lunch? They tried to turn it all around like it was my fault. **** I wasn't at the school. I left my children thinking they can be grown professional adults. The other child they gave her something she allergic too. I was up all night with her. It's not okay. If it ever happens again I will be at one there house they can deal with my sick daughter all night.
I agree with you they should have seen that the children all had lunch and if they didn't at the very least contacted you about that. Young children need help and guidance in new situations like that. Food allergies are a very serious thing that are not uncommon and there should be protocols in place to make sure that every precaution is taken to ensure the safety and well being of the children.

Latest posts