Back to school...

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Would appreciate any prayers for back to school this mama is about to come unglued already. 😢😭😓 I'm so not ready for this!!! 🤞🏽🙏🏽💪 I may drop them off and be back 5 second later to pick them up. Lord my nerves. 🤢🤮

Coronavirus mainly. I don't want my children or any child to get really sick and die. We have buried a child I can promise you it's not fun it cause a life long anxiety and worry for the living children safety.( At least for us. )
I understand. That would be an impossible thing to truly overcome. For what it's worth my grandson had Covid in March, he's 7, and he gave it to me. For him it was nothing more than a stuffy nose, I wound up with the Bam drip and I missed a few days at the office. He's back in school now and our school board just mandated masks for at least the next six weeks.

All my best to you and your family Shell. This too shall pass.

I understand. That would be an impossible thing to truly overcome. For what it's worth my grandson had Covid in March, he's 7, and he gave it to me. For him it was nothing more than a stuffy nose, I wound up with the Bam drip and I missed a few days at the office. He's back in school now and our school board just mandated masks for at least the next six weeks.

All my best to you and your family Shell. This too shall pass.

Thank you it means alot. It's just one those things you want to be positive, definitely don't want go through that again and always worry. Hopefully, if they did get it wouldn't be bad just hard.
I cried!!!

Poor you...

Wanna talk about old rusty chevys?

Were the kids excited to go??

Wish we had some old, rusty, unrusty, new, wrecked, whatever Chevys. I want go to one the classic junk yards the ones you can see rusty vehicles for miles. ❤
My old man used to take me on dates to this you pull it a junk yard (you pull your own parts. ) Good times. ☺😍 I'm really not joking I liked going it wasn't a real "date" but we had fun.

School gave my daughter something she is allergic too.
Didn't give my son any lunch.
And post their pictures on social media when we clearly told them not too.
I maybe being dramatic we don't pay for private school for this crap.
How does a kid not get lunch and go un noticed? I'm been raising heck. I'm tried to explain it to them.... so when they don't notice one my children walks off campus and gets hit by a car than what "sorry" what the flip! It's not acceptable!!
I have 2 kid and they beeped up both their day. Does this crap happen to anybody else?
Add that to the book it did happen to me!! Now ya'll see why I worry when grown adults can't before my children get lunch and not something they are allergic too. 😡🤬 Did the school ever once ask me is your daughter okay? Hell no!!! They told me just to breathe we start fresh tomorrow. If I wasn't breathing I'd be dead. 🙄 🤷🏽‍♀️ or close to it. I mean really.

No I'm still giving them heck!!! They got a new principal and the school has going to 💩 Teacher lied to me two times already I have emails to prove it. I'm 🔥🥵🌡 Things aren't what they used to be. 🤷🏽‍♀️

@Chevy my wife taught at private schools and she loved the teaching aspect and working with children, but she gave it up because behind the scenes drama made it hard to do the job, and for less than half the pay of public school teachers and no benefits it was just too stressful. A lot of the private schools are running on a very tight budget and desperate for enrollment, so administrators are under pressure to appease parents and often pressure teachers to lower their standards of grading and discipline which can lead to chaos in the classrooms. The last place that my wife worked was an extremely toxic work environment with a very high turnover rate of teachers.

I'll third the "not going as hoped."
I may receive flack for this but the majority of teachers, not all, are government bureaucrats first and foremost. No responsibility, no accountability. And if you try to do something with a problem teacher, they'll circle the wagons. *rant off*

I'll third the "not going as hoped."
I may receive flack for this but the majority of teachers, not all, are government bureaucrats first and foremost. No responsibility, no accountability. And if you try to do something with a problem teacher, they'll circle the wagons. *rant off*
That may be the case in public school, but private schools are much different. My understanding from the op is that it's a private school. My wife taught in private schools and those teachers are not government bureaucrats, they are paid less than half the salaries of public school teachers, with no retirement or insurance. She said some were good and some not. She saw the administrators pandering and hyping things to parents and prospective parents to gain the enrollment of their children. My wife is now an advocate for home schooling she even thinks that a public school may provide a better education than some private schools. Believe us when we say that private schools do not circle the wagons around their teachers. It's every person for themselves

That may be the case in public school, but private schools are much different. My understanding from the op is that it's a private school. My wife taught in private schools and those teachers are not government bureaucrats, they are paid less than half the salaries of public school teachers, with no retirement or insurance. She said some were good and some not. She saw the administrators pandering and hyping things to parents and prospective parents to gain the enrollment of their children. My wife is now an advocate for home schooling she even thinks that a public school may provide a better education than some private schools. Believe us when we say that private schools do not circle the wagons around their teachers. It's every person for themselves
Just as in the cattle business things vary from region to region in lots of areas.

Here in middle Tennessee the private schools are top notch, expensive, and the teachers are well paid. Right now due to mask mandates they are swamped with applications.

@Chevy my wife would probably recommend homeschooling. If your child didn't get lunch then that would imply chaos and likely that would spill over into the learning process as well. Some of the classrooms can be wild and out of control. My wife walked into one mid year that was like that and when she tried to get order in the classroom, she was met with a lot of opposition from folks that thought things were going great with the previous teacher because they hadn't heard anything otherwise.

Latest posts