Back in the stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Me and my grandson are hunting in a double ladder bow stand in Leon county Texas trying to get his first deer with a bow.
We hunted opening weekend and he got so shook up he couldn't draw his bow back. Lol
It was a good learning experience.

Me and my grandson are hunting in a double ladder bow stand in Leon county Texas trying to get his first deer with a bow.
We hunted opening weekend and he got so shook up he couldn't draw his bow back. Lol
It was a good learning experience.
Seen 8 yesterday nothing so far this morning. Rut hasn't started here yet it's close.
Hope he gets one, nothing finer. It's better to have them addicted to hunting.
As my dad always said better for the boy to be hunting than hunting the boy.
Hunting is about getting excited. Had an uncle who lived on a nice ranch and saw deer every day. When he was in his 60's he still got "buck fever". Have guided orphans on hunts and witnessed the all-shook-up scenario several times. Very interesting to see.

Still shooting that geriatric stuff are we. lolol. If I shot one I'd have to drag it to the house behind the side by side cause I sure couldn't load it.
One of the issues I had here. While the son and his business partner were here I could shoot one anywhere. After they went home I was limited to uphill from the road or the few places I could get a quad to.