Back In The Ring!

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
after a few months of being on the injured list, my doctor will finally let me get back in the rodeos and ride bulls again. a few months ago i was on a ride and i got thrown off and stomped. a couple ribs broken, a nice hoof print in my back, nothing too bad. doctor wouldnt let me ride after that, and now he said im healed up enough to start up again. im excited, i love the adrenaline rush and the thrill of it all.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":2vpxkc99 said:
after a few months of being on the injured list, my doctor will finally let me get back in the rodeos and ride bulls again. a few months ago i was on a ride and i got thrown off and stomped. a couple ribs broken, a nice hoof print in my back, nothing too bad. doctor wouldnt let me ride after that, and now he said im healed up enough to start up again. im excited, i love the adrenaline rush and the thrill of it all.
Congrats on being able to go after em again.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":35f6clc8 said:

Bett you not tuff enuff to ride a Brangus bull there, kowboy! ;-)

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1hfrxf8f said:

You will regret it in about twenty years. Have fun.

You will regret it in about twenty years. Have fun.[/quote]

Nah. He might be a little sore on some mornings, but it is all worth it.

la4angus":2ttmx2j1 said:
You will regret it in about twenty years. Have fun.

Nah. He might be a little sore on some mornings, but it is all worth it.[/quote]

Believe me, you'll regret it. When your legs don't work too well, shoulders are turn up, back is alwasy in pain. It's called getting older, but bull riding, will speed it up. That minor compression of vertebrae today or hyperextension of a hip joint will come back to haunt in another 20-40 years.
Voice of experience

dun

Yep... it's all great fun when you're young, but all the previous posts are dead on.. you WILL regret it!

I broke / trained horses for 22 years, and can now remember every single time I was every thrown. When you can't sleep at night because it's hard to find a position to sleep in that doesn't make some joint ache, you'll remember this conversation. Enjoy it while you can

im having fun though, ive always believed that if you worry about the future, you wont enjoy today. anyways i dont ride very often, maybe once or twice a month.

All the warnings aside, you have to do what you enjoy. Besides, rodeo would be pretty boring for the rest of us in there weren't people willing to do the roughstock events.
If I would have known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my body when I was young.
But when I was young, riding roughstock, breaking horses, etc. was FUN. But today I have to find ways of doing things that takes into account the excessive wear & tear from that fun.

dun

Calf roping and bulldoggin wear thin on your knees and back too. What's left? Team roping has a tendency to make fingers dissappear. The only events left are the women's events.

Once , when I was thrown off a horse, a hurt my back but didnt know. A few years back I had it checked out and found that I had broken off a 3/4 piece off my spine. Not that major, but they says its really going to get me when Im old.

A little old man shuffled slowly into an ice cream parlor and
pulled himself slowly, painfully, up onto a stool.

After catching his breath he ordered a banana split.

The waitress asked kindly, "Crushed nuts?" !

No," he replied, "arthritis."

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Where do you ride? I would love to come watch sometime, I love going to the rodeos. :D Your not that far away from where I am I think. Did you see my post about the trailer?

Latest posts