Back from Argentina !! NEW PICS !!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well my friends, I arrived yesterday from a 10 days hunt in Argentina, it was a looong trip back, nearly 15 hours driving through all kind of roads..

Well some pictures for you.

My red stag

p2.jpg

See the BIG thunder storm behind me !!!!!!

p4.jpg

p3.jpg

A hunting camp without heads in boiling water is NOT a hunting camp :mrgreen:

p6.jpg

Another deer we caught, I am the one with red cap.

p7.jpg

Guide and cheff José

p16.jpg

p14.jpg

L

The name of the receipe was "A little of everything" :mrgreen:

Chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots, sweet red and green peppers, etc,etc .

p19.jpg

L

We arrived there after 15 hours driving, I should have cross the Uruguay river with the ferry, the distance that way is only a 7 hours drive... :(

Due the severe drought femals were not all in heat so not too much roar during those days making things more difficult as the thornbush is very thick. I shot my deer the last hour of the last day !!!!! Not very thick antlers but is long and symetric.

The area is BIG, red stags roam these areas free, I hunted in a cattle farm (not many cattle because the bad quality of the soil, the area is too sandy and too many bush for cattle.

Eating a wild berry called "piquillín"

p13.jpg

One of our scopes went loose so we fix it with whatever we find :lol2:
Take a look at the wood screw in the scope ring :mrgreen:

p30.jpg

p29.jpg

Ha, everything in order just as any hunter's camp :nod:

p32.jpg

Bush potatoe, pigs love them !!

p12.jpg

Carrying the deers out of the thornbush for miles to the dirt roads is not an easy task !!!!!

p11.jpg

Looking for tracks....

p25.jpg

It's a trip I highly recomend, the outfiiter name is Eugenio Lutz, I have hunted with him three years in a row, a very honest man and a true hunter.

Mr.Eugenio Lutz

p1.jpg

L

The pic of you all packing the deer out just shows you no matter where you are once you pull the trigger the funs over. Again very impressive.What cal do you use?

I was using a 300 winnie, the others a 30.06 a 308 win and an 8x68 mm

You get up at 5:30 am and after a cup of coffe you hunt till 10 am and back to camp for cold beers and play cards :mrgreen:

A nice meal, a siesta and at 6 pm back to the thornbush to hear a roar to follow.

Heavy calibers are also a good idea because of the many branches you have, don't expect a clear shot.

The first shot at my deer was rather clear and I missed completely !!!!! :cry2:

He turn back and started running broad side, big mistake ;-) for us it's easier to shoot running game as it's what we do most of the time down here :lol:

With my second shot I anchored it despite it was a little bit back, third shot (still running) I hit a branch :frowns: but thanks God he doesn't went too far away, after some metres he was down.

L

Nice to see you all are real sportsman :lol2: I believe in giving them a running chance also but like you only when I miss the first shot.I told a guy one time i'd jump deer out of their beds to give them a chance ,I think he believed me.Are they hard to kill or the heavy calibers mainly for the brush?Also i've decided your hunting is the same as mine more time drinking beer and eating stuff you would normally not think about and a little time hunting.I love to hunt but anymore just going to camp and away from everyone is more relaxing than the hunt.

Rusty,
Heavy calibers are perfect but mostly because the brush, the deers are not tough animals, but as not always you have a clear shot is better to hit them hard whenever is possible.

As you, I love hunting, but it's just an excuse to be outdoors and camping with friends. Our conclusion after the trip is that we enjoyed more the moments between the hunts than the hunting itself.....and the hunting moments were GREAT !!!! :nod:

We just love to beat those argentinians guides playing cards :lol2:

L

We usually play poker for beer cause its a long to the store.

How much does a trip like that cost?

Lorenzo, Very interesting. It's good to be informed about South American hunting. The Red Deer are a close relative to the North American Elk. Imported from Asia and Europe they are a fine game animal.

The man charges a daily rate of $ 150, management deers (there are some very good, with less than ten tins, but the old ones can carry long and thick antlers) cost $ 500 each, and trophy stags cost $ 1,500 each. There is a hunting permit that cost around $ 450 for foreigners and is for deers and pigs.

You fly to Buenos Aires and from there another comercial flight to Santa Rosa (La Pampa province capital). There you will be picked up. it workes something like that.

Normaly 5 hunting days is enough, yo hunt the mornings and the evenings. One day to get in and another to get out but I think you must only pay for the 5 days hunting nothing more.

So imagine something around $ 750 for daily rates plus 2,000 if you decide to hunt two deers (a trophy and a managment), plus the hunting license, the whole story you should be able to negotiate it by 3,000 bucks.....

The man has several americans and europeans clients but not many as it's a familiar business, he doesn't know how to sell his hunts outside the country, he is just a very serious man, very respeted among farmers, he helps the police to chase poachers and the firemen to combat wild fires. he has a lovely family, wife, two daughters and a boy who study laws at Buenos Aires University but that helps him guiding during the deer season. He wants to do the same that his father for a living but he has to finish his law career first. His name is Patricio aka "Pato" and it's a great guide with only 22 years old.

L

Are you talking US dollars?
Guided Elk hunts in the US with food and lodging plus license at the very minimum would be $3000. Most would be much higher.

Yes I am talking about US dollars.

3,000 is too expensive for a week hunting with a trophy deer and a management deer, everything included ?

How much does it cost a guided trophy elk hunt in open farms ?

Elks are HUGE !!!!

L

I think they meant it didn't sound like enough money.The price sounds low for such a hunt imo but if thats what it is even a poor boy like me could afford it ,the flights would probably be the highest cost.

Latest posts