Baby Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is my hobby, pound for pound these little guys are worth way more than the cows ;-) . There is 11 in this batch, had a hen hatch out 14 a couple days, and have 3 or 4 more still sitting on eggs.....

These ones are about 2 weeks old
tn_DSC08930.jpg

tn_DSC08925.jpg

tn_DSC08935.jpg

tn_DSC08936.jpg

tn_DSC08942.jpg

tn_DSC08945.jpg

tn_DSC08948.jpg

tn_DSC08951.jpg

Oh, and here is daddy
tn_DSC03362.jpg

And Mama
tn_DSC03364.jpg

Those are definitely some cute little ducklings! Very nice pics Randi.

We had two hens and a drake. They had young and were so cute. We lost them all to skunks. Do you have that problem in Canada.
Tom

kerley":u1y2v7ki said:
We had two hens and a drake. They had young and were so cute. We lost them all to skunks. Do you have that problem in Canada.
Tom

I haven't lost any big ducks or ducklings to skunks. Lost a nest of eggs this spring though, and we have lost banty chickens to skunks as well.

Cute babies, ugly parents, what can I say? :D What do you do with them Randi?

spoon":3a4mo1t9 said:
Cute babies, ugly parents, what can I say? :D What do you do with them Randi?

Not a whole lot. They eat flies and grasshoppers, so they are nice to have around the yard (just not up on the front step :mrgreen: ). They do taste good, but we rarely butcher one. Mostly I just sell off the babies to other people who need lawn ornaments :lol2:

Muscovy ducklings are really cute--I'm sorry I can't say that about Daddy..I'm sure he is a fine upstanding speciman of drakehood,but oh my the wattles..

Latest posts