Baby on the Way

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.

That is wonderful! I used to think people went overboard with talking about grandkids, but then I got some of my own. Now I understand it is impossible to go overboard when it comes to grands! We look forward to pictures!

Gizmom

Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.

M-5":1wpb9x6l said:
Make sure you flag this thread to come back and update , I can't explain what happens but I will tell you it's worth all the stuggle when raising your kids. I didn't think it was possible to love something more than your own but it is real in a different way.

I must agree.

Congrats Rafter!

No guarantee they were 100% sure boy on our 2 year old. Had the neatest room fixed with tractor wall paper, and all. Little paul came out and we had to pick a new name. I would not change a thing about our little daughter Ava. She still has tractor wall paper.

Rafter S":br27ym71 said:
I don't believe I've said anything here about it yet, but my daughter-in-law is pregnant with our first grandchild, due in October. She had an ultrasound last week, and the lady said she was 85% sure it was a girl, but come back later and she'd do another one for free. So she did the second one yesterday, and now it's 100% that it's a boy.

That made me very happy. It's not that I wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much, but my paternal grandparents had three sons, and four grandsons, but only two great-grandsons. It's good to know that if all goes well the family name will be extended one more generation. Maybe that's a guy thing?

And by the way, my daughter-in-law has been sure it's a girl the whole time, but my son and I have pointed out that the oldest child on our paternal side of the tree has been a boy for at least 5 consecutive generations, and we don't plan to break that tradition now.

Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7

Caustic Burno":1jm8hpv4 said:
Congratulations I hope you have a very thick checkbook. The Mrs. on the first like to broke me, and it hasn't gotten better the following 7

I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!

Bestoutwest":qrawvccd said:
Caustic Burno":qrawvccd said:

I stopped at one so hopefully my parents will have some money left and I'll get some sort of inheritance.

Congrats on the grand kid!

:lol:

Stopped at one but not to protect our inheritance; more like "we better save our $ in case we have to support our broke old folks." I like your version better!

Congratulations, still waiting on our first grand baby. I hope it's a boy, but will be happy with a girl. Oldest son and wife are waiting till their house is finished to habe kids :bang:

my daughter and grand daughter are staying with us for a bit and every afternoon when I get home she has her arms stretched out for me to take her and go for our evening cow check. she couldn't care less what her mama and Mimi want. It fills your heart full. she also has found that she falls asleep better laying with me in the recliner at night. she just turned 10 mths and it is a blessing.

M-5":ckayqa8a said:
my daughter and grand daughter are staying with us for a bit and every afternoon when I get home she has her arms stretched out for me to take her and go for our evening cow check. she couldn't care less what her mama and Mimi want. It fills your heart full. she also has found that she falls asleep better laying with me in the recliner at night. she just turned 10 mths and it is a blessing.

I feel like October will never get here. Like a child waiting on Christmas.

Latest posts