Baby Names

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
The past couple months I've had baby fever, and it sure has picked a bad time to come. As some of you already know my husband is currently deployed, so I found an outlet for it, picking out baby names. We already had one girls name picked out, and i have recently come up with two more. We have been unable to come up with any boys names. We don't really want a common name, something different. I have a very uncommon name and love not having to share it.

Can anyone help me with ideas? Please and Thank You! :)

FarmGirl10":1hf9hq79 said:
The past couple months I've had baby fever, and it sure has picked a bad time to come. As some of you already know my husband is currently deployed, so I found an outlet for it, picking out baby names. We already had one girls name picked out, and i have recently come up with two more. We have been unable to come up with any boys names. We don't really want a common name, something different. I have a very uncommon name and love not having to share it.

Can anyone help me with ideas? Please and Thank You! :)
Look at the name of some of these HS, college and pro athletes. Amazing what some of these parents can come up with. Kid may never learn to spell it the same way twice, let alone pronounce it but it will be unique.

I have a few ideas, maybe, dun or Caustic Burno, or how about larryshoat. I'll just about guarantee those are not used much. I know ha ha :dunce: .

Larry

How about Ferdinand, Buford, Thaddeus, or Barnabus. Oh, I like that,, baby Barnabus. What do you think?

I actually thought about Briar, so its kinda funny that you say that. I really like names of natural things, like less common flower names, spices, ect. Along with names from ancient mythology, and these names are a lot easier to find for girls then guys. Like Sage is my back up girls name. Maybe this will help you guys come up with ideas.

Isomade, where are you getting these names, they all sound very familiar but i can't put my finger on where they are from.

well both of my neices are due in 2012,1 is due in jan.an she is gonna name her baby girl aubree linn after her great grandmas.the other is due the end of may an she is hoping for a girl named after her great great grandmas ella lucille.the names dont bother me as i give the babies nicknames for life,an rarely call them by their given names.

You and your hubby both have not so common names . I like them both, they are unique but very pronounceable . :D

What about Ileana(girl) and Bryson(boy) .

Have a younger cousin that one of our uncles called Whistle Britches when he was a little fellow. So I picked it up and called him Whistle Britches.

His daddy really didn't like it and told me not to call him that because something like that could stick to him the rest of his life.

Now when I use his name I always have to stop and try to remember his real name. My first thought is always Whistle Britches.

Now back to the original question,

I think the name Rastus would do well for a boy.
For a girl, Rastasue.

(Just trying to help :hide: )

hillsdown":335fq1wj said:
You and your hubby both have not so common names . I like them both, they are unique but very pronounceable . :D

What about Ileana(girl) and Bryson(boy) .
I really like the name Bryson. :) We already have the girls name picked out, down to the middle name. :nod: With two other female names we like as back ups. But we are destined to have 2-3 girls... :shock: (His siblings kids total to = 1 girl and 5 boys and those things tend to even themselves out)

And yes Ryder those names really do stick. They only need said once, and some of the ones we came up with for my cousins weren't very nice. :mrgreen: