Baby Donk(pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

[
100_0099.jpg
url]

I thought I would share a pic of our new baby. It was taken about couple hours after she was born.[/url]

Auburn_Ag":4c6gdxd7 said:
[
100_0099.jpg
url]

I thought I would share a pic of our new baby. It was taken about couple hours after she was born.[/url]

I think it was less than a few hous old. It isn't dry yet. Until they get dry they have the big head going on, don't they?

We finally got Hank to settle down. We put a halter and lead on him and let him drag it around for a while. He was easier to catch that way. Last night he actually went up to us and let us touch him without having to catch him! I have him sold as a Christmas present, but we had to get him tamed first!

I hate to part with them when they are babies. But I think I can sell him and Ada as a breeding pair. Who can resist? I tell people that once they get one, they will want to start raising them. That's how we got started.

Auburn_Ag, very nice foal....I bet she will take after her mom and have GREAT ears! Send dry, fuzzy pictures!!!! Is she dark brown?

As a foot note :) mom might need a little trim in the near future.

Thank you everyone for the comments about my little donkey. It's a little Jenny. She is a very dark brown color, but in the picture she looks black because she is still wet. Dad and I have 5 Jack and now 3 Jenny's. We use them to keep coyote and dogs out of the pasture, however we found out they make better watch dogs than dogs do. My mom used to be a 7th grade teacher and our yard got rolled ever week but we move one of the donkeys to the house and when someone would come in the yard they would bray. Dad and I would catch those kids every time. I will try to get some dry pics of her soon.

I know what you mean. Every time someone pulls up, the donkeys have a fit. Make good alarm clocks, too. I have one jack who is spotted, 4 jennets, grey duns I think are all bred now, and two foals, a grey jennet born in May and a little spotted jack born in August. All my next crop of foals should be spotted.

awaaa what great baby pics of you alls donkeys!! they are so neat little creatures.. funny how they dont have control of thair ears for a while.. they just flop around.. been few years { 2 } since we had a babydonk or mule.. my big jack ,general jackson, is a big baby-hambone.. he goes to the county fair every yr(8) barn crew put him in ft stall. so he can greet the visitors..LOL and wow can he say hoooooow deeeeeeeeee LOL he barys when they walk in the barn and when they leave..i have seen some ppl almost jump over a stall when he would start.. he's the big hit of the barn..one yr they (barn crew) put him on PA system in the morning to walk up the whole camp.. boy did i hear about that !!! he does great w/ ppl and other stall nieghbors, had a horse who hated him would try to reach over and bit him while he was braying.. ol general would keep on braying just move over in his stall congrats of your new long ears.. Rose