B & W Hitch

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Bought a B & W turnover hitch today for a 2005 F250. How hard are they to put on and what are any ( if any ) tricks to them. Going to read the instructions as soon as the kids go to sleep. Thanks Jed

Never owned a B&W but the ones I've seen worked well. I put a Pop-Up in my wife's truck, I'll never buy another one. I keep it lubed up pretty good and it's still a pain in the ass to get to pop up. Didn't say anything about it in the directions, but I had to trim some bed supports and such. No big deal.

they aren't to bad to put in, I have never put one in a ford just chevy's and they weren't hard

I seen a news article on B&W the other day instead of laying off any employees the owner is sending them into the community and having them do community projects such as planting flowers and cleaning up the parks and right of ways and helping out less fortunate people in the community

That speaks volumes about the owner to me

Angus Cowman":hoxxr6r2 said:
they aren't to bad to put in, I have never put one in a ford just chevy's and they weren't hard

I seen a news article on B&W the other day instead of laying off any employees the owner is sending them into the community and having them do community projects such as planting flowers and cleaning up the parks and right of ways and helping out less fortunate people in the community

Sure does

Angus Cowman":2c88c94o said:

Very cool! Sure puts a different light on "job security" :D

i have a B & W hitch that i bought at the factory in Humboldt, Ks. and had them install it. They are pre=drilled to fit a certain brand of truck, so if your,s is made for your truck, you just have to cut a round hole in your truck bed and bolt it on. sounds easy, but i was afraid i would screw something up, so i had them do it. I forget now what they charged, wasn't much or i would have done it myself.

Two friends of mine installed a B&W in a 2007 3500 dually. They said they would pay someone the next time. I also have a 2006 3500 dually and got under it to see what it would take to install it myself. I let the pros do it. $550 turn key. I really like my B&W.

I put one in a 2009 F350 today. It took a half day and went pretty well for the most part. Getting the rear crossmember in place was a pain. If the directions say to cut a notch, cut a notch, don't try to get around it. Also, getting past the shock absorber bracket required a little help from a hammer. After that it all went smooth. Follow the directions step by step and it will go fine.

jedstivers":1qi1k2mn said:
curtis":1qi1k2mn said:
Jed, did you get the B&W hitch installed, how do you like it?
Yeah I had the guy at Wynne do it. He did a good job and I like the hitch. It fells good to be pulling my old trailer again.

That's great, I've got a different truck an got to have a hitch installed. Where did you get yours?

Latest posts