axe man

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Anyone watch on tv? The wife and I we're watching last night.
I garentee you if I worked for someone like those guys yelling and degrading their workers,they would be looking for a replacement after I broke their nose. :mad:

Cal

I think they are just putting on a show for the camera. Most loggers I know wouldn't put up with this type nonsense and someone would be facing a life sentence.

Jogeephus":2eek7up7 said:
I think they are just putting on a show for the camera. Most loggers I know wouldn't put up with this type nonsense and someone would be facing a life sentence.

Yep I agree Joe.I worked as a logger for about 4yrs and I know their would have been a killing if someone started yelling and cussing like that.The guys I worked with we're not pansys.

Cal

Calman":34uwrl01 said:
Jogeephus":34uwrl01 said:

Yep I agree Joe.I worked as a logger for about 4yrs and I know their would have been a killing if someone started yelling and cussing like that.The guys I worked with we're not pansys.
Cal
you got that right :shock: this is logging country here,, the last thing you want to do is pi$$ one off

I used to be married into a serious logging family in Montana and the only time they got loud was in the Saloon sure as heck not on the job.

Calman":2etsy2wp said:
Jogeephus":2etsy2wp said:

Cal

I think they're just putting on a show. The same with American Chopper Jr vs Sr, those guys probably laugh all the way to the bank.

Larry

I haven't been watching the axe men this year so I am not sure who is on it. But I know people who have worked for the NW Oregon outfits who were on the show a couple years ago. I worked in the brush for 20 + years in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska and I will guaranteen you that there is cussing and screaming that occurs. I have been in on both ends of it at times. Some are worse than others. In some places it is fairly rare and others it happens every day.

What they don't show is the pace that work happens at. Riggin crews work at a run. Literally a run. There is an old saying that goes, "you run in for your job and out for your life." Job security is the amount of sweat that drips off the end of your nose. And that is sweat dripping off your nose on a 36 degree rainy day.

i guess in those intence situations were you got alot on the ball you dont take the hollerin' and cussing to heart.... neighbor taught his kids to holler when in hay or working cattle these kids were helping a neighbor in hay one day and hollerin' at him.. pi$$ed him plumb off :lol:

Calman":ntoioom0 said:
I garentee you if I worked for someone like those guys yelling and degrading their workers,they would be looking for a replacement after I broke their nose. :mad:

Cal

Mobile, Alabama, 1985. I took out a ex drill sargent safety inspector. Told him to get out of my face twice. The third time he got in my face I knocked him out cold. They fired us both. The Superintendant told me he had to fire me but could hire me back the next morning. I told him thank you but I was headed back to Texas.

What I hate the worst about the whole scenario is that I should have regretted doing what I did. I never have regretted to taking him down. He had it coming and I was just the person for the job.