Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 100

• Over 200

• Total voters

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
Let me see if I can get this poll right. The same report I was reading on age, also stated that the average rancher in Texas had 12 head. I had trouble with that stat, until I started noticing all the people that had 10 to 15 head. The report also listed less than 2% had over a hundred head. Wondering what the average is on the internet highway.

Campground Cattle":28tzbv09 said:
Let me see if I can get this poll right. The same report I was reading on age, also stated that the average rancher in Texas had 12 head. I had trouble with that stat, until I started noticing all the people that had 10 to 15 head. The report also listed less than 2% had over a hundred head. Wondering what the average is on the internet highway.

campground,

i posted a similar poll when we first switched to these boards. it will still be interesting to see now that we have more members registered.

just sarted last year as hobby.I got 30 acers upstate ny I work april-november winter off. worked on a dairy most my life anyway got 7 hereford heifers all ai to red angus got 1 hereford steer going in the freezer soon 2 black baldie steer 3 holstien steer.

I've only got 18 acres here....4 cows and 2 calves, BUT I am counting the days until youngest kid graduates and wife and I can move a little farther south, buy some real land and hopefully raise a few hundred cows! We both agreed to stay close to the city until both kids are finished with school.

Blackpowder looks like your the Bull of the woods so far. I normally run 30 to 40 head . I'm landlocked by paper company land. We are able to run a cow per acre, I tend to air on one for two,got burnt bad during drought of 99. Virtually had to give cows away. But I really like your avatar

Anonymous":qfsn1a1o said:
the real big operator here is A. delagarza, with thousands of cattle apparently
I do and can prove it with all the certificates of registrated cattle we own and with the steers we introduce in South TX, but anyway that does not matter, I do respect all cattle operations no matter the size of the herd, what it's important is that everyone enjoy what they are doing in the cattle bussiness no matter the breed or crossbreeds raised and respect the opinions of everyone in the Board. Any way, who are you "guest"? :?:

Latest posts