Automatic Waterers

Help Support CattleToday:

Get a miraco best thing in the world it's well worth the money I have the 2900 one. Mine has electric to it which isn't bad. And just amazing definitely buy one.

msscamp":gsrjesnw said:
skyhightree1":gsrjesnw said:
How many of you use automatic waterers and do you like them are they worth the money ?

We use them, and they are absolutely worth the money! One of our's is a Ritchy, and it has to be below -15 or so for it to freeze up. I don't know what brand 2 of them are, but they have tank heaters as well as a heat lamp underneath them and they never freeze up. We also have a number of Poli Tron waterers, and it has to get really cold for them to freeze up. Another advantage of automatic waterer's is that the water turns over fast enough that algae problems is reduced, and the water stays cleaner and fresher. They are also a lot easier to clean out.

I totally agree. Well worth the money. I use the corner-mounted 700 Series by Nelson Manufacturing. http://www.nelsonmfg.com/livestock-waterers/700/

I have the Ritchie Cattle Fountain #3E. It is 120 volt with Fenwal Thermostat. It has a SS trough with heating elements spot welded to the underside. The water supply line is provided with a cable heater. It has not frozen in the 2 winters I have had it in use. In fact, the whole system has worked flawlessly. I did the installation myself. I will say this, it needs to be installed carefully. If you are not careful with the installation, I think you could easily have problems. I looked at what is on the market before I made my choice. I think this series of fountain is ideal in colder areas (say from Kentucky north). Get your concrete platform right so it supports the fountain well which is fastened down by anchor bolts in the concrete. I went a step further and grouted over the anchor bolts with concrete which also provides a rim of support for the fountain. The cattle will stand at the water fountain and rub on the edges so it needs to with stand some force! It is easy to clean and the water stays fresh as was stated above.

We use a lot of automatic waters and are going to therma sinks as fast as we can they are super. no heet and so easy to install. Live in N.E. Mt where it can get to --30 - 40 and then have ice to break but only once aday. A good one also made in Iowa but can't remember the name.Its also almost freeze free. Shoud work really work for you guys in those warmer areas.

Latest posts