automatic waterer..any DIY or better ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
We have been using the typical float style like TSC and other farm/ranch stores sell. Our tanks are both oblong and round. Is there a better setup that is more cattle proof...if there is such a thing.

Silver":78ct9s9q said:
Totally depends on what your water source is, where it's located, if you need power, etc.

Water well with electric power. The water stations are fed via pipe. I should add that freezing up is pretty much a non issue for us. We usually do not have many days near or below freezing

OK the rubber tire has my interest. Anyone do these before? I spoke with my tire dealer and he has some big equipment tires that will be cheap/free. THe valve that is mounted in the 3/4" PVC...anyone know what brand it is?

saltbranch":2owydlme said:
OK the rubber tire has my interest. Anyone do these before? I spoke with my tire dealer and he has some big equipment tires that will be cheap/free. THe valve that is mounted in the 3/4" PVC...anyone know what brand it is?
I sent some guys here the design of mine. Maybe some of them can po st the link. Mine has been in use 14 years and had to take the float apart once and clean some grit out of it. It wouldnt totally cut off. The tire is indestructible.

We just put in 5 tire tanks with Jobe valves. I also bought two different ice prevention valves that we have yet to try out. Both made by Baker products. Ice Sweeper and Micro Sweeper.

I talked to my local tire shop today and he has several I can have. I am picking up 2 tomorrow to get started with. Callmefence, we just had another pond dug, now we just need the rain. I did have this one dug close enough to the water well so I can run water to it. Make one of them swimming holes and stock fish in it for the new grandson that is on his way. So he can swim and fish in it when he gets enough :). Kid aint even here yet and I am already doing stuff to spoil him! When my kids were little I bought one the Cricket .22's and I got them started shooting with it after out growing BB/pellet guns. As years went on I loaned it out to friends and family to get their kids used to guns and kind of lost track of it to be honest. After we announced we were going to be a grandparents, a buddy asked if I wanted it back. That little gun has been around many kids and promoted gun safety. Now I am going to fix it up and my Son will be able to teach his Son how to shoot starting with the rifle he learned on.....boy did I get side tracked on this post and no beer was even involved.

Latest posts