AUSTRALIAN TULI

Help Support CattleToday:

HARTWOOD TULI

Reaction score
G'Day from Down Under (Bundaberg, Queensland)- Australian Tuli and Hartwood Farm are the global source for Tuli Genetics. Every Bloodline brought to Australia from Zimbabwe and then sent around the world to Argentina, USA, Mexico, Brazil etc. Semen from 1989 through to 2022 and Embryo combinations across the leading sires. www.tuli.com.au . All animals are managed on www.agpro.technology for full PV, Genomics, Target Breeding Ranges (TBR's) Estimated Breed Values (EBV's). A comprehensive Tuli Cross Breeding program commenced in 2020 in which selected Tuli Sires were put to leading registered Females in the following breeds -
  1. Red Angus
  2. Simmental
  3. Speckle Park
  4. Murray Grey
  5. Blonde d'Aquitaine
  6. Charolais
  7. Limousin
  8. Drakensberger
  9. Wagyu
  10. Boran
  11. Black Angus
We are looking for new breed partners around the world interested in producing Tuli Cross breds and composites. Key contributions of Tuli to any breeding program are :
  1. Maximising Hybrid Vigour
  2. Fertility (Conception, low birthweight, libido, early maturity)
  3. Heat Tolerance
  4. Slick coat, Flat Back, Red, Gold or White, Polled and Docile
  5. Feed Conversion Efficiency - as a result of its adaptation to desert environments
  6. Meat Quality - high IMF
Semen, Embryo and Live Animal Sales - [email protected] or phone +61 434678228

Welcome to the Cattle Today forum, Hartwood Tuli. We have had some good discussions on the Tuli in the past when there were a few other owners and stud breeders on the forum, but not much discussion recently. The main interest in the USA has been to use Tuli in cross breeding programs to introduce heat and parasite tolerance while not compromising beef quality, several large Red Angus operations used Tuli in a composite for this purpose, it would be interesting to have some new discussions along these lines.

Very interesting breed. Back in the 90s i enquired about getting some semen through my a.i. tech but never had any success. Good to see the breed is still alive and kicking.

Not having a go at you but i always get a chuckle reading what breeds have to offer, and it's practically the same list! I feel you need to try a breed out and find out first hand, plus see if those genetics also fit your location and operation.

Very interesting breed. Back in the 90s i enquired about getting some semen through my a.i. tech but never had any success. Good to see the breed is still alive and kicking.

Not having a go at you but i always get a chuckle reading what breeds have to offer, and it's practically the same list! I feel you need to try a breed out and find out first hand, plus see if those genetics also fit your location and operation.
We had quite a good discussion on the Tuli when Briggs Genetics were selling a number of fullblood and Wagyuli cattle. There were a plethors of research links done through several southern state universities which upheld much of the claims originating from both Rhodesian research and Australian research. Many of the founding breed club members wer older cattlemen, and the majority of the fullblood herds were dispersed when these men passed on, and their familied chose to not continue ranching. There are still a number of smaller herds in the USA, as well as a couple of operations running Red Angus/Tuli composites in their own herds. The breed still has much to offer in crossbreeding as they compliment both European Taurus and Indicus breeds, displaying a strong heterosis effect in crossing either way. It might be a good time to revisit the discussion with so many new members on the boards.

G'Day from Down Under (Bundaberg, Queensland)- Australian Tuli and Hartwood Farm are the global source for Tuli Genetics. Every Bloodline brought to Australia from Zimbabwe and then sent around the world to Argentina, USA, Mexico, Brazil etc. Semen from 1989 through to 2022 and Embryo combinations across the leading sires. www.tuli.com.au . All animals are managed on www.agpro.technology for full PV, Genomics, Target Breeding Ranges (TBR's) Estimated Breed Values (EBV's). A comprehensive Tuli Cross Breeding program commenced in 2020 in which selected Tuli Sires were put to leading registered Females in the following breeds -
  1. Red Angus
  2. Simmental
  3. Speckle Park
  4. Murray Grey
  5. Blonde d'Aquitaine
  6. Charolais
  7. Limousin
  8. Drakensberger
  9. Wagyu
  10. Boran
  11. Black Angus
We are looking for new breed partners around the world interested in producing Tuli Cross breds and composites. Key contributions of Tuli to any breeding program are :
  1. Maximising Hybrid Vigour
  2. Fertility (Conception, low birthweight, libido, early maturity)
  3. Heat Tolerance
  4. Slick coat, Flat Back, Red, Gold or White, Polled and Docile
  5. Feed Conversion Efficiency - as a result of its adaptation to desert environments
  6. Meat Quality - high IMF
Semen, Embryo and Live Animal Sales - [email protected] or phone +61 434678228
Welcome!

We had quite a good discussion on the Tuli when Briggs Genetics were selling a number of fullblood and Wagyuli cattle. There were a plethors of research links done through several southern state universities which upheld much of the claims originating from both Rhodesian research and Australian research. Many of the founding breed club members wer older cattlemen, and the majority of the fullblood herds were dispersed when these men passed on, and their familied chose to not continue ranching. There are still a number of smaller herds in the USA, as well as a couple of operations running Red Angus/Tuli composites in their own herds. The breed still has much to offer in crossbreeding as they compliment both European Taurus and Indicus breeds, displaying a strong heterosis effect in crossing either way. It might be a good time to revisit the discussion with so many new members on the boards.
This is where i first saw the breed and sounded interesting.

Attachments

• 20220315_205948.jpg
    20220315_205948.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220315_205954.jpg
    20220315_205954.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

Latest posts