hereford-bull.jpg

kahlua_archive_20cm_web.jpg

magnum_journal_20cm_web.jpg

rawhide_06_20cm_web.jpg

risingstar_06_20cm_web.jpg

sandstorm_wod07_res_grand_champ_20cm_web.jpg

trail_blazer_wod08_20cm_web.jpg

BARNSCOOP":26ma3zps said:
Nice Bulls, thanks for sharing Killala, but I am still partial to your Shorthorns!

Barnscoop- ssshhh, just quietly.... me too!! :p

Thanks Carla. These types of bulls are the norm here in Australia from the top registered herds. I'd say a couple of the bulls are from the Mawarra stud in eastern Victoria. I love their sirey good eyed and good doing bulls. They have amongst the most consistent Hereford cattle in Australia.They have beautiful females as well.
Thanks Once again
Colin :tiphat:

#1 Needs a flatter topline, he looks swayed back, needs eye pigment.
#2 Could have more length on him
#3 brisket looks very large and could interfere with breeding. White scrotum; a no no.
#4 A bit more muscle, but more like what we like.
#5 Like this one.
#6 Looks uneven, too thick up front needs more muscle in the back, lacks eye pigment
#7 Would like to see more length on him too.
#8 Why are is his dew claws so long? Would worry about his traveling.
#9 the best one I like.

I luv herfrds":kpugwj2y said:
#3 brisket looks very large and could interfere with breeding. White scrotum; a no no.
#5 Like this one.
#6 Looks uneven, too thick up front needs more muscle in the back, lacks eye pigment
#9 the best one I like.

I hope Colin has better than those. If he doesn't, either he has been had or paid way too much.

I luv herfrds":bep9dkh4 said:
#5 Like this one.
#8 Why are is his dew claws so long? Would worry about his traveling.#9 the best one I like.
i bet he don't do much of it, im thinking he has stuff brought too him

This is getting silly, time to let this argument go. Most of the bulls in this thread don't quite tickle my fancy, but trying to pull them apart while being barnblind on the other hand is hardly helping to improve your reputation as a cattle judge.

KNERSIE":2mlby0pw said:
This is getting silly, time to let this argument go. Most of the bulls in this thread don't quite tickle my fancy, but trying to pull them apart while being barnblind on the other hand is hardly helping to improve your reputation as a cattle judge.

Ahh, but some of us are just sitting back and having a chuckle... :lol:

Harley, I have a Huth Lagrand Class Act calf I wanted you to look at.... but this is too tough of a crowd right now.

Alan

Alan":9dtqpfar said:
.... but this is too tough of a crowd right now.

Alan

I've got new pictures of my bull calf, whose picture I posted earlier, that I'm going to post as soon as I get back to the computer where I downloaded them. I'm looking for my flame retardant suit!

George

Alan":1p0574is said:
KNERSIE":1p0574is said:

Ahh, but some of us are just sitting back and having a chuckle... :lol:

Harley, I have a Huth Lagrand Class Act calf I wanted you to look at.... but this is too tough of a crowd right now.

Alan

You have my e-mail adress

I luv herfrds":3qy7e88l said:
#5 Like this one.
#9 the best one I like.

Sorry, I've been trying to keep my mouth closed on this but I just cant.

You like #9 the best ... yet his topline is just as bad or worse than the #1 bull you dismissed for being swaybacked :???:

I agree with Knersie, and Alan :D Although I will admit I like #3 the oldstyle horny bull

jeez, talk about critical.... I thought I was bad. I mean seriously, briskets interfering with breeding? White nuts a "no-no"... now I've heard everything.

Whether you like these bulls or not, they work, and are used across the breadth of Australia in many varying conditions. Provided they get calves on the ground that are decent, who cares about colour, dew claws etc..... Serious cattle breeders are breeding beef, not the 'right colour' hide.

I think I'll stop my rant there!

I like # 3 the best as well but I didn't see horns. The only thing I didn't like on him so much was his scrotum but I imagine it was really really hot and he is an older bull. All in all they look like good workable bulls that I am sure a lot of herf breeders would not kick out of their pastures.

I agree Knersie let's stop this nonsense from both sides of the world.. :clap:

Hey George I'll loan you a set of nomex. Just pm your size and color preference, yellow, half yellow half black, gray or solid black. Don't mind the smoke smell, they always smell that way. :D :lol2:

Latest posts