Auctioneers

Help Support CattleToday:

Just the top of the mountain! The best that ever walked here boys.

Or when I was sorting and something I wanted to bid on came in the ring I would just step in the back door of the auction block. The auctioneer seemed to always announce to the crowd " they must be good, Mike's in here to take 'em home " That usually added $200 more than I wanted to spend. :cautious:

Today at Vermillion there were 13 cows sold on gate run of five or more. Winning bid took ten of them. The very second the out gate closed the auctioneer said "Look at that boys, best three are still in the ring!"

Fancy bull sale where I was just a spectator, soon after the last election, in auctioneers cadence, 'Give us your votes and we'll be sure to count em'.

And yet, I appreciate when the auctioneer looks directly at me and thanks me, by name, when my last calf leaves the ring (no way am I there when I sell my cull cows).
same!!
I like my auctioneers, the son more than the old man (son seems to get better prices for me too), they look for and acknowledge me when my calves come through the ring.
Culls cows usually go through at the end of the sale, so that might be 6 hours away.. I'm not hanging around for that