Auction stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv

Reaction score
Well - went to an auction this weekend with no intention of buying a tractor. However, they had a 2005 M4800 with 40 Hours. Owner bought new. Nobody bid etc - I bought it for one heck of a price. My twins looked at me like how you going to explain this to mom.
Good news is I could sell it and make a little money, or I'm debating - I have an old 3160 Ford that I have had for 21 years, we use it for raking and general blading etc. It's getting up in years and the going rate for that tractor is more than I paid for it.
Could keep the Kubota -
Never owned one - any opinions on this tractor for a utility tractor.
Of course my oldest son is mad I want to sell the old ford. Wants to keep it in the family etc, cause he grew up with it. Guess I could have him go to work on mom and keep all.

Just rambling -

RGV

Was mom going to be unhappy because you bought a tractor or because you bought a Kubota? :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is under powered for a M series, but is a real good one for what it does....

When we were dating, I told her I had a truck the same color as her eyes - RED. She still married me.

RGV

Wonderfull world of auctions...have a whole shed full of things that were to good of a bargan to pass up. Was with a friend that bought a tractor for the tires on it...still sitting in his barn and his working tractor still has the origional tires on it.
IMO...keep the new tractor and let the son buy the old one if he wants it in the family.
Just my two bits worth.....DMc