Aubracs

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some info on some Aubracs I found on the web. There's a pic of a great looking bull on the American Assocation's website. Is AubracUSA still a member on here? If anyone knows who this bull is, or who owns him, please let me know.

Oh, and let me know if this pic doesn't work. :D

purecountry-

I know "aubracusa" personally, and I have contacted him to inform him of your inquiry. He should get in touch with you very soon. Let me know if he doesn't.

DOC HARRIS

Thanks DOC, dun and Frankie. I think when I searched for threads on Aubracs, Aero was the only one who came up. Forgot to pm him.

LazyARanch":2fwur70k said:
Maybe it's because I LOVE my quarter horses.... but I SURE like that big butt and thickness on that Aubrac!! WOW

it's more likely that you just have good taste. : )

that kind of rump is pretty common in mature Aubracs.

Thanks Aero. Been on their site before, but the pic they have of Overlord on their site is tough to compare to this one b/c it's like a thumbnail, but you can't expand it. I'll have to contact them and confirm it I guess.

i just got an email back from Del Ficke. The picture is actually of Maximus (another fullblood) and my favorite Aubrac bull.

file.php

unrelated to the post, below is a pic i took today of the best cow ever. ;-)
file.php

more at http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f ... 395#p35395

You mean the pic I posted from the American Association site is Maximus? Is there semen available?

Really like your cow Aero, she's an easy keeper for sure. Thanks for your legwork on this,

PC

purecountry":dtztn7g9 said:
You mean the pic I posted from the American Association site is Maximus? Is there semen available?

Really like your cow Aero, she's an easy keeper for sure. Thanks for your legwork on this,

PC

yes, semen is available on Maximus. i will pm you the email address for the owner.

Australian":13t20y44 said:
What makes up the breed? They look beefy.

They're a moderate framed, pure bred, French breed that was initially a dual purpose animal. I looked around for an Aus association and couldn't find anything although apparently reproductive material has been imported here. They're interesting huh? Apparently they have a good amount of marbling and a really good pelvic set up. Everywhere touts them as a very maternal breed.

talldog":5936xvbd said:
Australian":5936xvbd said:
I agree !---Very Interesting, think I'll do some homework !! :wave:

it looks like you are about 3 hours from me; feel free to come visit and take a look at them.

Australian":q3oqcx7n said:

Here's info on the breed:

Also Known As: Laguiole

The Aubrac are found in Aveyron-Lozère, France. Their development started during the 1600's at the Benedictine Abbey of Aubrac in the south of France, where the controlled breeding was practised until the Abbey was destroyed during the French Revolution. Selective breeding was promoted between 1840 and 1880, with Brown Swiss blood used to improve the breed.

They are used primarily for meat production although, historically, they were also used as draft animals and for milk. They are usually fawn to brown in color. The females average 125 cm in height and weigh 580 kg. The average bull stands 130 cm and weighs 825 kg. Lactation averages 2,180 kg at 4.13% fat in 248 days.

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/

snakegap":2quuid6q said:
Does Mark Ford in northeast AL still own own one of these bull?
Mark owns a few bulls actually along with some good registered Aubrac cows.

Latest posts