Two week old heifer calf out of fullblood Piedmontese cow
F1_Aubrac_x_Piedmontese_-_2wk.jpg

Three month old heifer calf out of Scottish Highland cow
F1_Aubrac_x_Scottish_Highland_-_3mo.jpg

Seven week old heifer out of commercial black Angus cow
F1_Aubrac_x_Angus_-_7wks.jpg

One week old bull calf out of a Belted Galloway cow
F1_Aubrac_x_Belted_Galloway_-_1wk.jpg

I should have a couple more Aubrac x. Piedmontese calves to show in the next few weeks. As they grow, I'll post some updates.

The sires used were of our breeding.

Now you need one from a Hereford, a brahma, and a zebu for a complete set..

Bright Raven":19wuykp5 said:
Nice pictures. Interesting cattle. Very healthy.

Tell us what your objective is using several breeds.

The only one that's mine is the F1 Angus cross. The plan (assuming she turns out) is to breed the F1 to a top AI black Angus bull as an example of what an F1 Aubrac sired female can do...then, she'll be a recip for us.

The others are owned by a client who posts here from time to time. He gave permission to post pictures of his calves. He's traveling right now and I suspect he'll comment when he's able.

WalnutCrest":42q0lcxm said:
Bright Raven":42q0lcxm said:

The only one that's mine is the F1 Angus cross. The plan (assuming she turns out) is to breed the F1 to a top AI black Angus bull as an example of what an F1 Aubrac sired female can do...then, she'll be a recip for us.

The others are owned by a client who posts here from time to time. He gave permission to post pictures of his calves. He's traveling right now and I suspect he'll comment when he's able.

Thanks. They are nice.

3/4 Angus is a good cross, the market likes em more than a fullblood.

3/4 British 1/4 Brahman heifer is on this side of fence and cow is 3/4 British 1/4 Brahman. The other feeder calves are 7/8 British. Next year the heifer crosses the fence to go with other 3/4 cows.

Here is another pic of one of our Aubrac x Piedmontese F1 calves taken this morning. We are very happy and impressed with our Aubrac sired calves

Bright Raven":6lqdhjwo said:

Those are some of our calves that Walnut Crest has posted. We bought our Aubrac bull from him as an embryo calf and are very pleased with him to say the least.

The Highlands and Belties are just cheap pasture-fillers we bought as we build up our cow herd. They will soon be replaced by Aubracs and select Aubrac F1 crosses such as the Aubrac x Piedmontese.

Big Bucks":1co7vpy4 said:
Bright Raven":1co7vpy4 said:

Those are some of our calves that Walnut Crest has posted. We bought our Aubrac bull from him as an embryo calf and are very pleased with him to say the least.

The Highlands and Belties are just cheap pasture-fillers we bought as we build up our cow herd. They will soon be replaced by Aubracs and select Aubrac F1 crosses such as the Aubrac x Piedmontese.

Thanks very much. :D

Nesikep":3t61lrdk said:
I'd like to see them on some Gelbvieh and Salers.. I think both could look pretty nice

I'm happy to try to help make that happen should any producers in either breed care to give a test a go ... :) ... that cross should make some nice F1 mama cows, to be sure.

WalnutCrest":1e0oh8p3 said:
Nesikep":1e0oh8p3 said:
I'd like to see them on some Gelbvieh and Salers.. I think both could look pretty nice

I'm happy to try to help make that happen should any producers in either breed care to give a test a go ... :) ... that cross should make some nice F1 mama cows, to be sure.
Send me a bull and I'll let you know!

Nesikep":1i3rkrcv said:
WalnutCrest":1i3rkrcv said:
Nesikep":1i3rkrcv said:

Send me a bull and I'll let you know!

Send me a check and I'll do just that! :)

Nesikep":284c5t3k said:
I wish my pockets were deep enough, and that you were a little closer

For the right buyer, I can deal...

For the right buyer and the right deal, I can haul...

You're running out of excuses, sir! :D

Latest posts