Aubrac cattle in France

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
We're landing in Paris tomorrow morning ... and we will have three days in Paris then three in Aubrac looking at the herds that've produced some ofthe bills we've recently imported / used.

It's going to be great -- I've wanted to take my wife to France for 20 years and am finally getting to do this -- our 20th anniversary was last fall. :)

JWBrahman":3sftao7p said:
WC if you see any Maine Anjou take some photos for us.

Will do. Not likely ... but will do.

Parthenais is modestly possible ... but still unlikely.

Google Transhumance ... it happens this weekend.

JWBrahman":3578bbnd said:
WC if you see any Maine Anjou take some photos for us.

No MA.

We did see a single herd of Montbelliarde and a single Limosin herd ... a few Charolais herds ... even more Charolais x Aubrac. But easily 90% of the cattle were Aubrac. We even saw two Vosgienne cows ("they are the cows of my mother's family; they are French dairy") at a great herd of Aubracs.

There were only two cows that were more than 50% black. They were in a herd of crayons (phenotype and coloring).

Stocker Steve":1k1f8ct4 said:
Sounds like even more fun than an out of state bull sale. Have fun, take time to enjoy the sidewalk cafes, and don't buy too many head.

It was a blast and we're hoping to go back soon.

I went to Aquitanima a couple years ago. Great trip. There was a 4-day tour set up plus the show in Bordeaux (in mid-May). Saw lots of Blonde cattle as the area south of Bordeaux towards the Pyrenees - almost no other beef breeds in that area. France is still fairly divided that way - you have to be in the right area to see specific breeds. I did see some Aubrac cattle north of Toulouse.

Latest posts