ATV Parts

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Seems like most everyone on here has one. I have a Yamaha 350 that needs a starter. Do you guys have a good source for aftermarket stuff or does it pay to go to a dealer and get OEM parts?

I thought these things were high priced when you buy them. Working on them ain't cheap either. Guess I got just enough farmer in me to be a cheapskate.

Thanks as always for the help.

SmokinM":2al1mz10 said:
Seems like most everyone on here has one. I have a Yamaha 350 that needs a starter. Do you guys have a good source for aftermarket stuff or does it pay to go to a dealer and get OEM parts?

I thought these things were high priced when you buy them. Working on them ain't cheap either. Guess I got just enough farmer in me to be a cheapskate.

Thanks as always for the help.

I've had 4 wheeler starters rebuilt. Might be worth a try.

I get OEM parts off Ebay. Just about have a stroke when I see the online price, not even going to think about going through a dealer. Bought a few parts through the dealer when the quad was new 14 years ago, and learned quick where the profit was being made.

bbirder":1ucb671g said:
I bought a starter from this site and had good service from it.

http://www.bikebandit.com

x2

I've gotten 2 old Honda fourtrax 300's that seem to have the same problems together. Both needed starters so bought an aftermarket from bikebandit for one and rebuilt the other against Honda dealers recommendation. Rebuild did not work well from the gitgo. Replaced with another aftermarket. Both holding up well. Also search on youtube for easiest way to replace, someone surely has posted a video.

dig around ATV forums (Highlifter.com and ATV Connection)

I know the Polaris section at Highlifter.com has a thread with cross reference numbers.
I got the thermal switch that goes in the bottom of the radiator to turns on the fan. It was referenced to a 1994 Nissan pickup (or something) for CHEAP! Got it from O'reilly's Auto Parts vs POLARIS dealer/OEM.

Gotta a reference on a fuel pump for our Ranger there too.

Thanks for the leads guys. I think have tracked one down online. Never know on some of these things what your gonna get.

Latest posts