Atv boomless sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? I have about 10 acres of corn I am wanting to spray and I sold my big sprayer when I lost the lease on my barn.

I put booms on my small sprayer for the ATV. Pretty inexpensive and put valves in so I can spray either right or left or both.

Only problem I've run into with boomless is the wind. Spray blows all over the place if there's more than about 5 mph winds.

Jim62":rbdbvu8e said:
Only problem I've run into with boomless is the wind. Spray blows all over the place if there's more than about 5 mph winds.

I use one on my Arctic Cat 450 and I agree with the wind comment. So my spraying tends to be early morning or late evening.

I have one and still use it with great success - be sure to pay attention to the distance between the tread tracks when you are driving.

I also took the pump that was on my tank and replaced it with a larger size - it gives me a bit better spread in my opinion - but - I do run out of liquids a bit faster.

All in all I have used it on fields that are smaller - the largest being about 10 acres and I will use it again when I go home this spring.

Booms are good unless you have a lot of brush to worry about - nice thing about the boomless is I go ANYWHERE I want.

Regards

Bez+

john250":2gxr2q0j said:
Do y'all have speedometers on your ATV's?
I'm wanting a sprayer for my gator, but there is no speedometer. I can't figure how I'll calibrate.

Get one of the small GPS units. That's what I have to do with the tractor to get the speed right

Bez+":3mt9xmlb said:
Jim62":3mt9xmlb said:

I use one on my Arctic Cat 450 and I agree with the wind comment. So my spraying tends to be early morning or late evening.

I have one and still use it with great success - be sure to pay attention to the distance between the tread tracks when you are driving.

I also took the pump that was on my tank and replaced it with a larger size - it gives me a bit better spread in my opinion - but - I do run out of liquids a bit faster.

All in all I have used it on fields that are smaller - the largest being about 10 acres and I will use it again when I go home this spring.

Booms are good unless you have a lot of brush to worry about - nice thing about the boomless is I go ANYWHERE I want.

Regards

Bez+

You need one of those electric butterfly valves ( I think is what they call it). You put a toggle switch to itand can adjust you pressure/ flow.

Its been several years back but there is a good post in this section with scematics for how to wire up a sprayer with all the asjustments.

Brute 23":1ii6ifo3 said:
Bez+":1ii6ifo3 said:
Jim62":1ii6ifo3 said:

Regards

Bez+

You need one of those electric butterfly valves ( I think is what they call it). You put a toggle switch to itand can adjust you pressure/ flow.

Its been several years back but there is a good post in this section with scematics for how to wire up a sprayer with all the asjustments.

Have it already - I wanted more volume and it worked well woth a higher pressure and new pump. I also have a boom attachment - and for good spray I needed to to a higher pump as well

Be that as it may - to answer the original question - yeah - have one - it works well - I spray at 5MPH

Bez+

dun":2kkinzuj said:
john250":2kkinzuj said:
I'm wanting a sprayer for my gator, but there is no speedometer. I can't figure how I'll calibrate.

Get one of the small GPS units. That's what I have to do with the tractor to get the speed right

Do you happen to have a brand name for gps unit you use

hurleyjd":3u4ycnt7 said:
dun":3u4ycnt7 said:
john250":3u4ycnt7 said:

Do you happen to have a brand name for gps unit you use

I use a Lowrance iFinder. It has the optional external antennae (mounted on the top of the cab or truck) and the optional mounting bracket.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... 183017032a

I built a boomless sprayer from scratch. It cost me a lot less than a ready made and has more features. The most expensive thing were the two 15 foot boomless nozzles(boominator) and the 4.8gpm pump. Works well usually although if it is really hot the pump over heats and shuts down, even though it has a cooling fan on it.