At what age did you realize you finally got old?

Help Support CattleToday:

Physically I don't feel all that old... (less the knees of course). But mentally I am feeling older all of the time. When I see what is becoming of our society, I can't help but long for the days of decent moral values. Now granted, I realize that we have always had a portion of the population with issues, but we didn't flaunt it or consider it normal behavior either. You see, just by posting these thoughts I will be labeled an old Fuddy Duddy (does anyone even use that term any more?)! :lol:

65, when they opened up my chest for a quad bypass.
I tell young people all the time..Ya don't 'grow' old, you just wake up one day and you're there...

True Grit Farms":2q5xpls0 said:
I have came to the conclusion that I'm old at 59.

I would have to say around 55 when Arthur started nipping at me.
He has been winning steadily every since then. Arthritis is really the only thing dragging me down.

15. When I looked around at what people thought was fun and cool and thought - your all a bunch of morons. It's been a slow and steady withdrawal from society ever since.

TN Cattle Man":gpn4amol said:
Physically I don't feel all that old... (less the knees of course). But mentally I am feeling older all of the time. When I see what is becoming of our society, I can't help but long for the days of decent moral values. Now granted, I realize that we have always had a portion of the population with issues, but we didn't flaunt it or consider it normal behavior either. You see, just by posting these thoughts I will be labeled an old Fuddy Duddy (does anyone even use that term any more?)! :lol:

No you are not an old Fuddy Duddy. You just see things as you see them and that is alright with me. But you know I am on the liberal side. Every day I get older and realize there has to be a stopping point. I will be 77 next birthday and still do a little each day. I saw a young one a day or two ago with a tee shirt that read "I am not lazy I just do not like work". I thought about that and decided to look for a tee shirt that read " I am not lazy I have done every thing I intended to do in life."

For me it was when I turned 22. I was leaving college and starting to transition into adulthood. I was getting married in a year, starting my career and my goals in life changed. Boy was I mistaken. Having a child enter school and then finish their first grade will really make you feel old. I can't imagine what it's like for my parents that just retired.

I think 65 was a turning point year for me. Until 65, I could work for 8 hours at manual labor. Since then, 3 to 5 hours is enough. I notice I spend more time inside. After arise in the morning, I now take time to sit and drink coffee, read, check messages, etc. Five years ago, I could not wait to get outside and start a project.

I was told by an old fellow years ago that adulthood comes in stages. Each stage a different challenge every 11 years
22 - 33 - 44 - 55 - 66 at the time he had not yet reached 77
Starting at 33 I've felt old at each of these stages for a different reason.

But my answer would be 49 yrs 6 m and 2 days as I had finally reached the same age as my father was when he passed.
I remember counting it down that last week.

Don't think I'm old at 35 but at 28 or 29 I realized I was not as fast as I once was. Playing any ball with the guys or much pretty well ended around that time. Can still catch the hardest spirals and light the net from 3 point land but the legs can't move like they once did and the back doesn't last as long on the farm.

For a related question, I read something years ago, talking about men. I don't remember the exact words, but it boiled down to you don't really feel like an adult while your father is still alive. I kind of see what the writer had in mind. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Latest posts