Assault rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":2slhvi8r said:
As one friend put it recently:
"define the term. I don't use it because it doesn't exist.

I can assault you with any rifle.

Just another way of trying to make something sound like it's more than it is: Assault rifle, good running Ford diesel, etc. "

Alan, te rifle I pictures is an sks carried by the Chinese. Same as an ak47 basically. And even that's not an assault rifle in my book. The above quote explains my view as well

Hook, in my opinion I think you hit the nail on the head. An assault rifle is anything the anti gun folks want to call it. If you had to label it I would think any weapon that was capable of firing full automatic, not semi auto or select fire, or pump or bolt action, could be an assault weapon. I don't think you should use caliber or magazine size as the defining character of an assault weapon. So if you were to use MY definition of assault weapon the SKS would certainly qualify as would the AR15, AR16, AK47 and several others.

Caustic Burno":3oszxzoh said:
We can add the BAR to the deuce list as well.

Does BAR stand for Big Assault Rifle lol

To me an assault weapon is one that someone has used to assault another person

3waycross":sh4x83rc said:
Queenwalts":sh4x83rc said:
Assault rifles therefore need to be designed around a cartridge intermediate in power between pistol and full-power rifle rounds; in practice, approximately in the 1,250-2,500J range depending on the calibre.

Surprised that this one got by the filters...........spammer
Seems like a thoughtful sort. Lists his location as 123 Street. That's got to be legit, right?

In the trade an assualt rifle is suaully defined as being select fire, but that probably includes full auto. Full auto is legal will some serious hassle licensing requirements. There are a couple of ranges in Nevada, I only know of ones around Las Vegas but I've heard there are others, where you cna rent full auto firearms for firing on their range. But anyone can own one (depending on the state) but it's a) expensive, b) a pain to get licenced and c) expensive to shoot.

dun":zeqx0qbq said:
In the trade an assualt rifle is suaully defined as being select fire, but that probably includes full auto. Full auto is legal will some serious hassle licensing requirements. There are a couple of ranges in Nevada, I only know of ones around Las Vegas but I've heard there are others, where you cna rent full auto firearms for firing on their range. But anyone can own one (depending on the state) but it's a) expensive, b) a pain to get licenced and c) expensive to shoot.

Dun, a new range has just opened up on old highway 90A west bound just inside the Lavaca county line. I was quite surprised when I saw the sign go up advertising they were open for business. They also say you can "rent" one but really don't know what that means. Never fired a full auto weapon but I would really like to try it once.

lavacarancher":3ka153rz said:
dun":3ka153rz said:

Dun, a new range has just opened up on old highway 90A west bound just inside the Lavaca county line. I was quite surprised when I saw the sign go up advertising they were open for business. They also say you can "rent" one but really don't know what that means. Never fired a full auto weapon but I would really like to try it once.
It's a real kick in the butt

The Remington .45 ACP 1911 I had did the same thing. Hope the SOB who stole it shoots himself between the eyes. Neighbor has an old 1911 that is the sweetest shooting hand gun I've ever fired. Very little recoil and very accurate. Since I know very little about gun mechanics I don't know what makes the difference. Someone once told me it was the fit between the barrel and the bullet. Made sense at the time but now I don't understand why the recoil can't be mitigated with the spring.Then I have to deal with Newton (…for every action there is an opposite and EQUAL reaction). I guess I'm just a wuss who should stick with shooting a 9.

The first 22 I bought after I left home was a Mossberg 642A. It had a plastic forend that you could pull down to verticle, neat gun. Until, after about 200 rounds the sear broke so when you pulled the trigger it would empty the clip before stopping. Sent it to Mossberg and got it fixed. Same thing happened again. The day it broke I was at the range and a guy thought it was really neat the way it went full auto. He bought it on the spot.

Latest posts