"Asking" price

Help Support CattleToday:

Drzr

Reaction score
Often I see "asking" price and to me I take that to mean the price is negotiable but I'm discovering to some sellers that is a firm price. What say you?

I take 'asking' price as a negotiable price as well.. if someone gets offended by me making an offer, I am not going to be feeling bad about it

to me the asking price is that or best offer.when they say firm that means they are going tobe hard to deal with.

I don't play negotiation BS. My price is my price.

I priced hay. They would try and bring prices down. I'd leave and lock the gate. I don't sell for losses.

I had a guy get mad and yell at me because I wouldnt go any cheaper than the first price. He said if that was my bottom price I should have asked more to start with. Then he wanted to buy the cows for the price we started at.

When I price a cow, heifer or bull to someone that is my asking price and what I expect to get. Like wise, when I go to buy I will ask what they are asking for the animal. If it is more than I am willing to spend, I thank them for their time in showing me their stock and explain that the animal is probably worth it but more than I can pay.

BC":3m52483c said:
When I price a cow, heifer or bull to someone that is my asking price and what I expect to get. Like wise, when I go to buy I will ask what they are asking for the animal. If it is more than I am willing to spend, I thank them for their time in showing me their stock and explain that the animal is probably worth it but more than I can pay.
Add a couple hundred bucks to that price first then let them talk you down a hundred. They'll drive off thinking "I showed him" and you can laugh all the way to the bank.