Asking prayers for my Mother

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
My mother has been having headaches and was admitted to our local hospital due to high blood pressure. She was dismissed the following day. Yesterday which was the day after she was showing some concerning symptoms. So we took her to the hospital again and she was transferred to UK. We have been in the er all night they think she has had a stroke. Thankfully she is doing pretty well considering.

Sending prayers and karma your way. With today's medicine, a lot of stroke victims recover with little to no deficit. I am sure that the Dr's will tell you that in the future you need to watch her closely. If she has any symptoms whatsoever get her to the hospital. Time is of the essence in the treatment of a stroke. There is normally about a 3-hour window when something can be done.

Thanks so much y'all, I cannot express enough how much your thoughts and prayers mean to our family.
She her blood pressure is lower, still fluctuating but hasn't been as extreme as it was. She is able to walk on her own but needs some one with her at this time when she does. She can talk but gets words mixed up and sometimes can't think of the right word to use, and that gets her frustrated. I have been emotional the last few days, she has been there for me so much over the years. It has been difficult to see her aging especially the last few years. Not too many years ago she would help me open gates to separate cattle until it got too risky for her to be around the cattle. When we work our heifers she always comes out and writes down the pelvic measurements and figures them, and rights the new tag numbers down when we change them for the sale.
I tell her I love every day, but tonight when we left the hospital I fought back tears when I told her. I told her that it was going to be alright and we were just going to have to work through it. She agreed, but hen I think she wanted us to go home so we could rest but I think what she really meant was so she could rest. She had several visitors today which she enjoys but tries to stay awake and hear whats going on. So after a few nights of this ordeal and little if any sleep she was just wanting to sleep.

Ky hills":1mpunvqe said:
Thanks so much y'all, I cannot express enough how much your thoughts and prayers mean to our family.
She her blood pressure is lower, still fluctuating but hasn't been as extreme as it was. She is able to walk on her own but needs some one with her at this time when she does. She can talk but gets words mixed up and sometimes can't think of the right word to use, and that gets her frustrated. I have been emotional the last few days, she has been there for me so much over the years. It has been difficult to see her aging especially the last few years. Not too many years ago she would help me open gates to separate cattle until it got too risky for her to be around the cattle. When we work our heifers she always comes out and writes down the pelvic measurements and figures them, and rights the new tag numbers down when we change them for the sale.
I tell her I love every day, but tonight when we left the hospital I fought back tears when I told her. I told her that it was going to be alright and we were just going to have to work through it. She agreed, but hen I think she wanted us to go home so we could rest but I think what she really meant was so she could rest. She had several visitors today which she enjoys but tries to stay awake and hear whats going on. So after a few nights of this ordeal and little if any sleep she was just wanting to sleep.

Life prepares us for the next step. Unfortunately, it doesn't prepare the generation behind us for our next step. It is hard to watch our parents age. Hard to see them slow down. We reach a point, where all we can do is help, and be strong. Those two things don't feel like "enough". Feeling helpless about someone who has always helped us, is a low spot. A very low spot. Your mother is very fortunate in that she has you. Her faith, and her family are important at this point. Imagine, if she was missing one or both of those. I will add, that what is unknown to us, is known to God. The things that I can't do, he can do. The things I don't understand, he grasp perfectly. What seems confusing to me is not chaos to him. Let God guide this part of your life. Where we falter, is where he excels.

Latest posts