Asking for prayers.

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with the others, go with your/her conscience as set forth by God's word.
And many decades ago a patriot from your neighboring state said: "Always be sure you are right, then go ahead."
Sounds like you have that covered.

EDIT:
If the phrase "by G-o-d-'s word" (without hyphens) is typed, it now gets censored?
:frowns:

greybeard":zxxa8vln said:
EDIT:
If the phrase "by G-o-d-'s word" (without hyphens) is typed, it now gets censored?

I was wondering. :? I couldn't figure what you might have typed that would be replaced with the "be nice". I thought, surely G-o-d wouldn't get the "be nice". :?

As for the OP's wife, being able to sleep at night is a good thing. Having a clear conscience.

Workinonit Farm":555mlhqv said:
greybeard":555mlhqv said:
EDIT:

I was wondering. :? I couldn't figure what you might have typed that would be replaced with the "be nice". I thought, surely G-o-d wouldn't get the "be nice". :?

As for the OP's wife, being able to sleep at night is a good thing. Having a clear conscience.
A screenshot of exactly what I typed, and exactly as it was submitted (opened in an edit window to be able to circumvent what the censor did)

benice_zpsxyq19bdj.jpg

Thank you. This morning, I am very burdened for my wife as she goes to work, she now has the knowledge that she has been replaced as a teacher, by the preacher's wife for the upcoming school year. For the good of her students she is going to try and finish out the year, so they won't have to endure a 3rd teacher change in one school year. The principle literally ran to catch up to her Friday after school to tell her that she was not on next years teacher roster, but that there might be an opening in a 4 yr olds classroom. She love all children and has nothing against working with that age, but she feels with 9 years of teaching experience in elementary grades that she should be in an older classroom. We are currently waiting to meet again with an Elder of that church. We were hoping to make a stand and bring about some changes, mainly a better working environment for teachers. Unfortunately, it seems we are getting nowhere. It would have been much easier and lots less stressful if she would have just walked out, which I tell her is always an option in this situation. I am hoping that folks there can start to see what kind of atmosphere it is, and will realize that it is not appropriate for a church environment.
Our preacher's wife and friend has told her to keep her head up, put out some resumes, and look forward to summer.

Ky hills said:
Thank you. This morning, I am very burdened for my wife as she goes to work, she now has the knowledge that she has been replaced as a teacher, by the preacher's wife for the upcoming school year. For the good of her students she is going to try and finish out the year, so they won't have to endure a 3rd teacher change in one school year. The principle literally ran to catch up to her Friday after school to tell her that she was not on next years teacher roster, but that there might be an opening in a 4 yr olds classroom. She love all children and has nothing against working with that age, but she feels with 9 years of teaching experience in elementary grades that she should be in an older classroom. We are currently waiting to meet again with an Elder of that church. We were hoping to make a stand and bring about some changes, mainly a better working environment for teachers. Unfortunately, it seems we are getting nowhere. It would have been much easier and lots less stressful if she would have just walked out, which I tell her is always an option in this situation. I am hoping that folks there can start to see what kind of atmosphere it is, and will realize that it is not appropriate for a church environment.
Our preacher's wife and friend has told her to keep her head up, put out some resumes, and look forward to summer.[/quote

Sounds like the sky God listened to the preachers wife instead of yours. If you have not figured it out yet but the preachers wife and all of her supporters screwed you. I would find a another church and try to find another school.

greybeard":2l33hwyg said:
Workinonit Farm":2l33hwyg said:
greybeard":2l33hwyg said:
EDIT:

A screenshot of exactly what I typed, and exactly as it was submitted (opened in an edit window to be able to circumvent what the censor did)

benice_zpsxyq19bdj.jpg

By God. God.

GB, I think the phrase is what it's censoring. Since the censor can't differentiate between intended cursing vs non cursing.

hurleyjd":zawfvwi4 said:
Ky hills":zawfvwi4 said:
Our preacher's wife and friend has told her to keep her head up, put out some resumes, and look forward to summer.[/quote

Sounds like the sky God listened to the preachers wife instead of yours. If you have not figured it out yet but the preachers wife and all of her supporters screwed you. I would find a another church and try to find another school.

We do not attend church where she is teaching. I'm sure that she will be looking for another school to teach at. The turnover rate of teachers at her current school over the last few years has apparently been very high, suggesting that this is a pattern of similar circumstances. Unfortunately what really bothers me as much or more as the way my wife has been treated, is that if someone who isn't a part of a church or faith, that kind of treatment could give them a negative view.
Our church family has been very supportive of us through out this mess.

I hope she finds a school that appreciates her next year and that she started something that will help bring a fix to the Christian school that she is teaching at currently. Thanks for the update! Like you I was hoping for change sooner than later, but God's timing is perfect.

Yesterday evening, we met with two of that church's elders. It was supposed to be a follow up from their meetings with the principle and his supervisor. It turned out to be a condescending and offensive berating of my wife, especially from one of them. We have been respectful, yet have tried to make points to unhearing ears throughout this whole mess. I wanted to just walk out several times. It is a good thing that I have been going with her, or there is no telling what would have been said to her yesterday. They were very angry at her for having dared to question the principle who they obviously think walks on water. He has told them that she has been disrespectful and rebellious towards him, when in fact as soon as she finally figures out what he wants her to do, she has promptly complied with everything. She did voice concerns about curriculum a while back, I guess that is why he got mad at her originally, but again she is teaching what he asked her to. I guess that he doesn't want anyone to disagree about anything, which in our minds is a ridiculous mindset. They were constantly piously telling her that he was her superior and she had to be submissive and respectful to him at all times. I had to speak up and tell them that she was to be treated with the same respect too. It was very hard to sit there hearing them defend him and berate her. We have been advised to be as nice as can be and to be above this, to which I think we have been more than gracious under the circumstances. One elder even made an inappropriate racial remark, to which my wife quickly replied " well I am a Mexican, Mexican Indian from Oklahoma. She told him that she had heard those type of comments before, so she didn't excuse it, but didn't make an issue of it. I cannot believe that he would have said that, despicable. It is clear that they are unwilling to hear the truth, she told them she had nothing to gain by coming to them only trying to help bring change to the school. I wish that she could just walk away, but she has gave her word that she will fulfill her contract. In my mind they have more than breached their end of the deal. Her faith is strong and her comfort, I am beyond amazed at her resolve. It is truly their loss when her time there is finished.

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that it has been such a miserable experience. It sounds very much like an issue a friend of mine had, with regard to a teaching experience within the Mennonite church that she was affiliated with. (She is Mennonite)

Workinonit Farm":3jfwx31m said:
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that it has been such a miserable experience. It sounds very much like an issue a friend of mine had, with regard to a teaching experience within the Mennonite church that she was affiliated with. (She is Mennonite)

I'm sorry that your friend had to go through something like this. I find her story even more similar due to the understanding that this principle is said to have been a Mennonite. My understanding is that the church is a modern contemporary church.
There are some Amish and Mennonite communities in some counties not far from here. I don't have any knowledge of their beliefs. I have always had the opinion that they were very dedicated to their faith. My family usually goes to an Amish area to buy produce and flowers when certain things are in season.

Suggest she invoke,
"No weapon formed against me shall prosper."

Teachers have a hard enough time under good conditions.
I commend her that she takes teaching as her ministry. But she also has to be a minister to herself.
As others have said, this can absolutely devastate a person's health.

Also remember the admonition in the book to the disciples that any place that did not receive them to leave that place and shake the dust of that place off their feet. (Paraphrased)

Also remember the admonition in the book to the disciples that any place that did not receive them to leave that place and shake the dust of that place off their feet. (Paraphrased)
:nod:

I've thought against telling this, but maybe it helps knowing that she isn't alone.

My wife went through a similar deal in public school. After laying out of teaching because of staying home with a baby, she started back in our school district. She's taught in some rather rough parts of Texas and Oklahoma in the past. She loves problem kids and by the end of the year, they love her. So first year here, the principal noted how well she handled the problem kids. So at the end of school that year, they scheduled the far majority of the challenging kids to be in her class the next fall. Next year rolls around, and there is a new principal. A real winner. The same kind of leader it sounds like your wife has. I've found that someone that doesn't want to have to defend normal questions about their decisions, actions or thoughts, it's because they can't and they know they can't.

That's how this lady functioned. She brought with her as many confidants as she could- truly amazing when I think back about how she functioned. Before the year was up, 3 of the 4 teachers in my wife's grade had retired mid year, quit to stay at home, or moved schools because of this principal- my wife made 4 of 4. I think there was about 50% teacher turnover in the school by the next year. In a school district that teachers want to be in, something is obviously wrong.

Anyway, with some of the ridiculous things implemented by the principal, my wife questioned them in meetings. So come November, the principal decided that my wife was incompetent in handling her class. And they felt it very cruel punishment when my wife brought home made treats for the kids, that if a kid was misbehaving, they didn't get a treat that day for their poor choices. :cry2: A side kick counselor that the principal brought with her agreed. So they decided that my wife shouldn't be there come spring semester. Funny part was during one of these intervention meetings about my wife not being able to deal with these kids, they decided that they needed to break her class apart for the spring semester because it wouldn't be fair to the new teacher coming in to have to deal with all the bad kids. :lol2: The counselor actually said those exact words! My wife made her repeat it in front of other teachers. (Sometimes she makes me really proud) So the entire grade of kids get their school year turned upside down, classes get split up, and they bring in a young girl that hasn't taught a day in her life so that this principal can get the satisfaction of firing my wife- because she questioned the crap they were doing. That's quality education right there.

Additional background.... after a little snooping, I found out that this principal was allowed to resign from a previous school district after she was caught selling adult sex items on school grounds and there was another situation that I can't recall at the moment. It was amazing how this lady continued to fail upwards in her career.

My wife had been teacher of the year more than once (different school), had kids leading the district in testing at prior job, and one of her past principals was literally upset with her because she wouldn't be staying to teach her grand kid the next year. Many parents once they found out later about this particular deal were ticked about it, but all that kind of stuff where kids are learning is irrelevant.

To continue the story, this principal tells her that she isn't allowed to tell the parents about this decision. Matter of fact, she threatened her that if she said anything, she would ruin any chance of her getting a job in the future.

So that didn't set well with me when I heard this. I had just come off of working a string of 14 hour overnight shifts and wasn't the happiest camper anyway. So I called up the superintendent and when he wouldn't discuss the matter of her threat with me, I was fighting mad. I let him have it about hiring the winner of a principal and the multitude of reasons why, along with he must be incompetent himself for not being able to perform even the resemblance of a back ground check to find out half of what I did. He wasn't too fond of me or what I had to say at that point, so I started down the school board list to inform them of the situation and about my displeasure with their leader and his poor choices. I think I might of even asked them a time or two if they were going to deal with it, or if I needed to consult my attorney friend about this kind of threat. I don't recommend that course of action if your wife plans to continue teaching, but it made me feel a little better smacking the hornet's nest and letting that principal deal with the wages of her corrupt ways.

My wife didn't have to work after we got married, but she enjoyed being a teacher up to that point. She hasn't taught since, and has a suv full of kids that keeps her busy. The principal isn't at that school any longer either- I hope I had something to do with that.

Thank you Ryder, I will tell her that. It appears that rumors are already being spread. A friend from church that works there now but is leaving there after this year, was told an untrue statement, and she told the person that was not true. When her mother first heard about this she quoted that very verse about shaking the dust off. My mother keeps saying that her quoting of that was the best thing to have done.

Thank you Commercial Farmer, I appreciate you sharing that story. The manipulation of circumstances by the principle and refusal of the principles superiors to take you concerns seriously sounds exactly like this situation here. It really bothers me that in both our and your situations it amounts to people who have no business being in positions over other people anywhere, especially at a school. The turnover rate of teachers is very high at this school, and people have taken complaints, but the powers that be all say things like, well we haven't heard anything like this before, when we know there have been others. We tried telling those church elders the other evening, that we were there to try and help the church to see the problems and to try to make things better. All they could do was say that my wife had been disrespectful and rebellious to their friend. She has lost her job future there, and I'm sure they would not give her an honest reference, so her teaching career may very well be over, yet they saw fit raise their voices at her and treat her with utter disrespect. They should at the very least have made some semblance of an apology or expressed sympathy to her plight. I would have said a few more things in hindsight, but I was trying to be as gentlemanly as possible. One of the men couldn't even maintain eye contact with me, and the other one just seemed cold hearted and angry.
I'm very thankful and glad that your family has moved on and prospered after her teaching ordeal.

My wife has finished the school year there, it was really hard on her at times, but she feels like she had to stay for the good of the children so they wouldn't have to have a third teacher for the same year. She needs continued prayer for her future decisions as far as employment. The way that everything was handled has left her feeling depressed, and I don't know if she wants to teach anymore or not. I think she has a lot to offer as far as being a teacher, and I hate to see her give up on her dream career just because of some people in leadership roles at that place. She put her heart as well as time, money and effort, into teaching. She is by nature a very happy go lucky and vibrant person, now she is fighting feelings of self doubt and rejection. I am trying to be extra encouraging to her, we have been doing farm work, and getting things lined out for some summer projects at church, I keep reminding her that life goes on and that it will get better. We truly have been blessed.

I'm praying for ya'll. I've been through a similar thing. I was able to get early retirement. Guess I can play with more cows now

I'm praying for ya'll. I've been through a similar thing. I was able to get early retirement. Guess I can play with more cows now

Thank you all very much. We are currently preparing for Vacation Bible School at our church, and working with cattle and garden. She is uncertain of what path to take for her future employment, and it worries her, but I feel that things will work out ok in the long run.

Latest posts