Asking for prayers.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
After the Christmas break, my wife started a teaching position at a private church school, for a class that the teacher had quit abruptly. There were lots of issues with behavior and students not being on goal for that point of the year. She has really tried and
put her heart into trying to teach them. She has been teaching for 9 years, and has maintained a good relationship with former employers, students, and families. Some parents have went to the principal against her over some petty issues. She is now being forced to decide between giving in to parents demands or resign due to her personal beliefs. It is heartbreaking for her to be put
in this position.

As you well know, to stand on the scriptures is to face off with the world. I'm personally not surprised that you guys are facing this dilemma. Our private Christian school here, is worse than public school. Plus, it's faced with the "We're paying for it" mentality. I'm sure your wife is taking the appropriate response. I won't pump you up with bold talk, about what I would do, because I'm not in that situation. I will say God owns the cattle on a 1000 hills, and he will not let his own starve.

One thing I will add, is that Satan has missionaries. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the parents of these little darlins are just that. Prayer is, and always will be the best way to deal with them, and I gladly offer up mine.

Thank y'all, my wife and I appreciate your prayers. My wife feels that teaching in that kind of school is her ministry calling, and has
blindsided by these things. I was shocked by the venomous tone of a parent, and the lack of remorse, and taunting, when made aware of the fact that their actions have led to her job and name on the line. We are convinced that we have to make a stand for what is right, and hopefully it will lead to a change of hearts and minds, in an environment that needs revival.

At the very least you know why the previous teacher left with short or no notice. A job without support from management is not worth having and a potential health problem.

Alan":1pvwas7n said:
At the very least you know why the previous teacher left with short or no notice. A job without support from management is not worth having and a potential health problem.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Prayers sent.

I think sometimes you hear a call to move, and other times you might get pushed. Just remember who's in charge of the world when it's all said and done.

That environment isn't always what it is supposed to be, and people are people. Never know what kind of stress they might be going through either.

There is a young lady I work with that is the hardest worker I've known under 30. We'll soon be losing her. Her husband was a firefighter and was doing some extra schooling. Long story short, there are some short cuts that everyone apparently takes. His conscience wouldn't let him, so he was honest and asked to adjust the record to reflect what was right.

He not only lost the school credit with less than a couple weeks to go, but he lost his job. The whole department black balled him, because his honesty could get the program reviewed. Any light shown on the situation, would likely have gotten not just students, but instructors in some hot water.
They couldn't get rid of him fast enough. It wasn't easy to watch them go through that. But he's a stand up guy, and did what was right though it wasn't easy and cost them.

Now they have to move, and he has to start all over once he finds a job.

I hope that I'm as honest of a person as he was, but I guess you don't know till you're tried. I'm not the final judge, but to my simple eyes, he's come out the victor. I hope that there will be something better in the near future waiting down the road for them because of it. If not, he still has his integrity, and there will be a reward someday.

Alan":2v3ulwgr said:

Bingo. And that's true of any job, anywhere, public or private sector. People are people--sometimes, unfortunately!

Best of luck to you in working this out.

Tell your wife to never compromise her principles, as long as they are biblically sound. I am an employer and there are others like me who seek out employees such as her husband and herself. One of the most astonishing things I was ever told was from an atheist employer I knew. He said, "I only hire devout Christians as they are the only employees I can trust". He listed that as one of his keys to success. My prayers are with her though I don't pray much but I tell God I'll try to make it up as one on his doers.

Just read your post. I am very sorry that this has happened. It seems to be a popular trend now for parents to attack teachers. Being a former teacher myself, I can understand how difficult it is. Thankfully I never had to deal with a problem like that. I know it is hard on your wife and family. I will pray that God will give her the wisdom that she needs to make the right decision and the strength and courage to get through this. I hope she will remember that if this door is closed, God will open another one. My prayers are with all of you.

Our most heartfelt thanks and appreciation to each of you, for your prayers and thoughts. It is a difficult time, but we are at peace with the fact that we know if we stay true to God's Word, He will see us through. The tragedy of the whole thing is that as big of an issue and as troubling for us as it is, this is only one part of a much larger problem there at the school. My wife said that she wishes they could all see what was in her heart, that is to do the best that she can to prepare her students both academically and spiritually for their futures. She doesn't want her students to have to go through another teacher change, as she really has helped them to make a lot of progress. She loves children, and when she goes to her former school, there are children swarming around her, and if she is out in town, children will run up and hug her. It is hard to see her used as a scape goat for some parents, and as a mere pawn by the principal.

To this point in time she has met with the principal and told him how she felt, and she would talk to his supervisor, which did. The supervisor took notes, and asked what results she wanted to see come from the meeting. Today we are going to meet with the principal again. He has requested a meeting with my wife, presumably to discuss what his supervisor talked with him about.

Thank you. This situation gets crazier all the time. It seems that while some parents have had some questions and issues, some valid, some petty, the real issues are with/from the principle. It is very sad that he is doing things the way he is. For what ever reason, and we don't know why, unless it's that he can sense that she is on to him, he really has it out for my wife. She could walk away at any time, but that would not help to bring about the change needed. It is a very stressful time for her/us, but we are hoping that the very disturbing things that have gone on there for years apparently, will come to light soon, and then hopefully good decisions are made and it can become a good environment. It really hurts me that she has had these things dropped in her lap, so unnecessarily, I reminded her that she can walk away anytime, she feels threatened. There are many people who have been and are being affected by similar situations there. Most people have just quit, or keep quiet, for fear of losing their jobs. Teaching is a ministry calling and a passion for my wife, so she is standing up for her beliefs in the face of tyranny. I apologize for posting about this so much, but I feel I have to talk to someone about it, and I figure that the folks on here understand.

This afternoon, after school, the principal stopped my wife on her way out of the classroom and informed her that she would not be teaching that grade anymore. He told her she could teach in a 4 year olds class, but there isn't even a spot on the new roster listed for her. He gave her no explanation at all.

Your wife can relish the thought she helped those children get up to level with her help. She tried with all she could to rectify the problems that seem to be going on in that school. She has done what she could. I have learned not all Christian schools are filled with Christians. Maybe God put her there to bring to light what was happening behind the scene, and the management has chose to not see. Her mission has been accomplished. It is a new season and another opportunity will appear.

Latest posts