Ascot and Cowboy

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":3bcvow9e said:
Haters gonna hate.

Has nothing to do with hate. I watch John Wayne movies. A few are good. He was the ultimate hypocrite. If you cannot walk the walk - then, don't talk the talk.

TennesseeTuxedo":74u1vcf2 said:
Bright Raven":74u1vcf2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":74u1vcf2 said:
Haters gonna hate.

Has nothing to do with hate. I watch John Wayne movies. A few are good. He was the ultimate hypocrite. If you cannot walk the walk - then, don't talk the talk.

Tell me about your service in Vietnam.

I got a college deferment. Took two years of ROTC. The lottery came in 1969. My number was 307. So no way I would be drafted.

But the big difference is that I didn't run all over the nation waving a flag glorifying war.

Bright Raven":85tvns5e said:
TennesseeTuxedo":85tvns5e said:
Bright Raven":85tvns5e said:

I got a college deferment. Took two years of ROTC. The lottery came in 1969. My number was 307. So no way I would be drafted.

But the big difference is that I didn't run all over the nation waving a flag glorifying war.

Of course you didn't.

TennesseeTuxedo":1ar4ygm6 said:
Bright Raven":1ar4ygm6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ar4ygm6 said:

Of course you didn't.

Enjoy John Wayne. Idolize him. The truth is he talked patriotism but put a piece of azz and money above service when the rubber hit the road.

Bright Raven":259qi39k said:
TennesseeTuxedo":259qi39k said:
Bright Raven":259qi39k said:

Of course you didn't.

Enjoy John Wayne. Idolize him. The truth is he talked patriotism but put a piece of azz and money above service when the rubber hit the road.

I don't idolize anyone. I'll take his believe in God and country over yours hands down.

TennesseeTuxedo":1ap8i57g said:
Bright Raven":1ap8i57g said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ap8i57g said:
Of course you didn't.

I don't idolize anyone. I'll take his believe in God and country over yours hands down.

The issue is John Wayne. If his patriotism was phoney, it was. Then don't tell me about his faith or love of country. The only thing John Wayne loved was himself.

True Grit Farms":sz9b4c0f said:
Ain't no JW, but love myself also.

Love is not the word I use. I forgive myself in the same way I forgive others. I try not to be disappointed when I don't achieve or accomplish a goal or objective. I am thankful to be who I am.

As you often say: if you are going to talk the talk, then - walk the walk.

John Wayne's actions did not match his rhetoric. And he knew it, so did his peers. He spent his post WWII years inflating his image as a patriot to make up for being too selfish to serve unlike most of the other leading men of his generation in his profession.

When it is cool out I wear one just to keep my neck warm....real cold I will pull it up over my lower face....

summer time I wear em on my head under my hat for a sun shade.....I am battling all kinds of precancers now from sun exposure and having chemotherapy treatment right now on my ears....Dermatologist is always cutting or burning something off me...

I have an assortment of just bandanas and a few silk wild rags...

Latest posts