Ascot and Cowboy

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":1r8imdz0 said:
callmefence":1r8imdz0 said:
I carry one everywhere I go. Never know when you might need to rob a bank.

A scarf, bandana, etc. They have many uses. A couple times during AI, I forgot my paper towels. Since I already had the semen in the gun, rather than risk losing it, I pulled the BANDANA out of my pocket and used it to clean the vulva. I figure it will all come out in the wash. :lol:
Why would you wash it, just turn it into a handkerchief.

Son of Butch":2ldvjspe said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ldvjspe said:
HDRider":2ldvjspe said:
Watch your mouth Penguin. That hat is lucky to be sitting on his head.

I agree, great American, ugly hat though.
No, Jimmy Stewart was a great American.
John Wayne was great at playing 'make believe' and played off the image by pretending to be a great American.
Roy Rogers and Chuck Connors were surprisingly athletic.
But for a flat out cowboy I've always been partial to Slim Pickens.

And yet you have Johnny Cash as your avatar. Interesting.

Johnny Cash started a wild fire in Los Padres national forest in California that burned the trees off three mountains and left 49 of the refuge's 53 endangered California Condors homeless. Cash was unrepentant and said "I don't care about your dam yellow buzzards".

John Wayne was one dimensional. He could only play John Wayne. Consider him in any other role and you get the idea:

A Greek or Roman as played by Kirk Douglas in Spartacus.

Ben Hur as played by Charlton Heston.

007 as played by Sean Connery.

Denys (the PH played by Robert Redford) Out of Africa.

Lawrence of Arabia played by Peter O'Toole.

The Ten Commandments would have been a comedy if John Wayne had been cast as Moses. :lol:

Review of the book, "John Wayne: American," by history Professors Randy Roberts and James S. Olson.

"John Wayne: American"......Wayne himself was such a strange, contradictory, enigmatic figure. Charming yet surly and resentful. A great pal -- and a lousy husband. A flag-waving patriot, and a man who, unique among the major film actors of his generation, apparently did everything he could to avoid any kind of military service.

Bright Raven":wuwtbey1 said:
Review of the book, "John Wayne: American," by history Professors Randy Roberts and James S. Olson.

"John Wayne: American"......Wayne himself was such a strange, contradictory, enigmatic figure. Charming yet surly and resentful. A great pal -- and a lousy husband. A flag-waving patriot, and a man who, unique among the major film actors of his generation, apparently did everything he could to avoid any kind of military service.

You've certainly gave them plenty to work with. Just no takers today. They suspicion Randolph Scott was gay. Try that :D

Bigfoot":3v9adc95 said:
Bright Raven":3v9adc95 said:

You've certainly gave them plenty to work with. Just no takers today. They suspicion Randolph Scott was gay. Try that :D

Lol. Did you know, John Wayne often played chess with Rock Hudson. No joke. Wayne said he didn't care if he was queer, he was a heII of a chess player. True.

Bigfoot":2cbs71t6 said:
ALACOWMAN":2cbs71t6 said:
Bigfoot":2cbs71t6 said:
I've seen every John Wayne western made, many times. His very early westerns, they would show him getting on a horse. His later westerns, you'd see him on the horse, but not mounting the horse. Logically, I deduce that he was not too graceful looking mounting a horse in his later years. Just something I've always picked up on.
Kirk Douglas was the ""man"""when it came to mounting a horse...

He was nimble. Ben Johnson sat a horse about as nice as anybody that was on the big screen.

My favorite Ben Johnson scene: The Movie "Hang'em High" staring Clint Eastwood. Ben Johnson is the territorial marshall that cuts Clint down from the rope he is hanging by. As he is bringing in the prisoners, he stops in a town to pick up a crazy killer played by Dennis Hopper. The prisoner escapes and is running down the street. Ben shoots Hopper in the leg. Hopper continues to try to escape and Ben drops him with the second shot after he takes a two handed hold on his single action .45 and very focused aim. Rarely see a good hold in a movie. Most of them shoot like they have to sling the bullet out the barrel.

https://youtu.be/-pEKUJ9MADs

Bigfoot":2grckgn5 said:
Bright Raven":2grckgn5 said:

You are correct about Randolph Scott. I think it is far more than suspicion. He and Cary Grant have long been rumored to be gay.

They were two handsome bachelors, who happened to be Hollywood heartthrobs and roommates. Cary Grant and Randolph Scott lived together off-and-on for nearly 12 years, sharing a Santa Monica beach house and a mansion in Los Angeles' Los Feliz neighbourhood.

2ytxpir.png

Son of Butch":12himd9f said:
TennesseeTuxedo":12himd9f said:
HDRider":12himd9f said:
Watch your mouth Penguin. That hat is lucky to be sitting on his head.

John Wayne was great at playing 'make believe' and played off the image by pretending to be a great American.
Im with you Butch. John Wayne was real good at pretending to be a great American. Lee Marvin and Audie Murphy didn't have play make believe.

AdamsCreek":3uoeap87 said:
Son of Butch":3uoeap87 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3uoeap87 said:
Im with you Butch. John Wayne was real good at pretending to be a great American. Lee Marvin and Audie Murphy didn't have play make believe.

Audie Murphy puts John Wayne to shame:

Audie Leon Murphy was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II, receiving every military combat award for valor available from the U.S. Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism.

John Wayne, the greatest war hero to never serve. He got rich making movies while other men died. When aliens take over earth, if they only watch the movies, they will not know what John Wayne's good friend and director told him.

John Ford:
Thirteen wartime movies later, and the flag of heroism he rose in the said Sands was still awaiting his recruitment in real-life. And this was a fact that John Ford, now a commander in the U.S. Navy, never shied away from letting the Duke know about. He would frequently berate Wayne "to get into it," saying that he was growing rich as other men died.

Compare Henry Fonda:

Wayne (born Marion Morrison) was also concerned that the war would age him out of high playing action roles once the fighting finally ended. Henry Fonda, on the other hand, paused his paychecks and wasn't looking for theater in the global drama that was playing out across the world. "I didn't want to fight a fake war in a studio," declared the well-known Hollywood liberal.

Bright Raven":2f84oryn said:
John Wayne, the greatest war hero to never serve. He got rich making movies while other men died. When aliens take over earth, if they only watch the movies, they will not know what John Wayne's good friend and director told him.

John Ford:
Thirteen wartime movies later, and the flag of heroism he rose in the said Sands was still awaiting his recruitment in real-life. And this was a fact that John Ford, now a commander in the U.S. Navy, never shied away from letting the Duke know about. He would frequently berate Wayne "to get into it," saying that he was growing rich as other men died.

Compare Henry Fonda:

Wayne (born Marion Morrison) was also concerned that the war would age him out of high playing action roles once the fighting finally ended. Henry Fonda, on the other hand, paused his paychecks and wasn't looking for theater in the global drama that was playing out across the world. "I didn't want to fight a fake war in a studio," declared the well-known Hollywood liberal.
Gotta wonder what went wrong with his daughter.

John Wayne got three deferments based on the need to care for his family. Now read this:

Others serving actors were Paul Newman, Kirk Douglas, and Clark Gable. But whatever pause the bright lights and big bucks gave, procrastination went full frontal after the Duke starred with Marlene Dietrich in Seven Sinners (1940). Becoming entangled enough in an extramarital affair to make a complete sham of the original deferment, he boasted she was the best lay he ever had. However, this was not just bravado. He fell madly in love and the possibility of losing her while away in service. Again, this meant the war's winning would have to be left to others.

AdamsCreek":guv6wav0 said:
Son of Butch":guv6wav0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":guv6wav0 said:

And Lee Marvin said the bravest man he ever knew the man who went on to become Captain Kangaroo (I can't remember his real name). He was the Sargent of the squad Marvin served in. They were at Iwo Jima together.

HDRider":21ph9oo0 said:
Bright Raven":21ph9oo0 said:
John Wayne, the greatest war hero to never serve.

Henry Fonda... "I didn't want to fight a fake war in a studio," declared the well-known Hollywood liberal.
Gotta wonder what went wrong with his daughter.
Her father was a democrat.
But being a Democrat in the Great Depression until Johnson was different than when Jane (although she meant well)
became a naive pawn of the anti-war movement in the late '60s.

Dave":xfme5dqn said:
And Lee Marvin said the bravest man he ever knew the man who went on to become Captain Kangaroo (I can't remember his real name). He was the Sargent of the squad Marvin served in. They were at Iwo Jima together.

Bob Keeshan but Snopes wrote about the relationship.

Garry Wills - Garry Wills is an American author, journalist, and historian, specializing in American history, politics, and religion, especially the history of the Catholic Church. He won a Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction in 1993.

John Wayne:
"He was, in reality, a draft dodger. America's archetypal soldier was in fact a chicken hawk. He was a cheerleader and champion of militaristic patriotism and combat he had never experienced. Wayne had 'other priorities' during WWII—achieving superstardom (and saving his neck) was more important than defeating fascism. Much like Vice President Dick Cheney, who sought numerous deferments during the Vietnam War, Wayne was the quintessential war wimp."

John Wayne learned as much on USO tours in Australia and throughout the Pacific where he was greeted by boos from war hardened vets.

slick4591":2ef5a85x said:
Dave":2ef5a85x said:

Bob Keeshan but Snopes wrote about the relationship.

Fake news about WWII....... Oh well it was a good story.

Latest posts